Chapter 2

The word majestic comes to your mind when you take a look inside the Black Diamonds estate. On the outside, it looks like Bill Gates live here. No lie. Large oak trees are scattered around the estate and big evergreen bushes frame the front of the mansion. A dark pavement path connects to the large front door and the circular driveway in front of the estate. There's over six hundred acres of beautiful green grass around the estate, and a 20 ft. tall brick wall closing it in. Along the top of the wall is barbed wire to keep humans out and slow any non-humans down. Sixteen bedrooms, eighteen bathrooms, a large kitchen that a chef would die for and a whole bunch of other rooms make up this monster of a mansion. The interior of the house is very homey though. It looks like one of those houses from home living magazines. Members of the Black Diamonds could live here if they wanted to, but I chose not to because I wanted privacy.

As I followed Nic down the hall towards the study, I can't help but to gaze at his tall body. Like really who couldn't?! There's no reason why a man so distant and commanding be so damn fine. His shoulders has the width of my legs (and I'm not short) and has sculpted muscles all over his back. His powerful strides causes his thigh muscles to show even though he has on jeans. And did I mention he was tall?

I had to calm myself down by taking a deep breath. There's no way a man like that will ever be with someone like me. I'm a black woman with a little college experience, I'm not on the skinny side but I'm not fat either. I'm not really all that confident about myself, so I think that men don't like that about women.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't know Nic had stopped until I nearly ran into him.

He turned to me with a raised eyebrow, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I mumbled not meeting his eyes.

He grunted then proceeded to open the door of the study. Towards the middle of the room is an arrangement of black couches around a black granite coffee table. The couches had black and gold pillows decorating them. A big bookcase filled with books covered one wall. A large dark oak desk sits on the left of the room.

We walked into the study and greeted the six other vamps in the room. Sitting on the largest couch was Bobby, Madison and Victor. Bobby is a six foot wall of muscle. He has dirty blonde hair, a natural tan, baby blue eyes that make panties drop, and a face of an angel. He's one of friendliest people I've ever met, even though he's the biggest flirt.

Madison is a curly haired brunette that has a lot of spunk. She has one of those cute button noses and freckles sprinkled on her pale skin. She's around five foot four and has piercing green eyes. She may be small but that woman has the fire of a dragon.

At the end of the couch was Victor. He's the computer wiz for our group. He has short curly hair the color of chocolate and a 'come hither' face that make women swoon. Dark brown eyes are framed by the thickest eyelashes I've ever seen in my life. He has a lean body that may suggest that he was once a swimmer.

Sitting across from them on the opposite sofa was Pamela, Tyrick, and Zion. Pamela, known as Pam by us, is the same height as me with pretty olive skin. She has one of those classic beauty faces like Audrey Hepburn or Elizabeth Taylor. She has hair so black that it looks blue and ice blue eyes. She's one of the silliest and the kindest people I've ever met. When I first came into the Black Diamonds, Pam was the one that would comfort me when I was feeling lost in the world I got forced into. Since then, we've been inseparable and now we live in the apartment together.

Tyrick and Zion look like tall, bulky warriors from 5,000 B.C. Turns out that Tyrick was a soldier from the Trojan War nearly 3,000 years ago and Zion came from Egypt when Nefertiti was on the throne. Yeah they're bad ass seriously. Tyrick has pin straight blonde hair that reach the middle of his back. He has an aristocratic Greek face that can give Adonis a run for his money. He has ocean blue eyes that seem to sink in anyone that dares to meet his gaze. Tyrick has peachy skin that most women would die for. Zion on the other hand, has creamy peanut butter skin with short brown hair that curls at his ears. He has pretty grey eyes that make the silver specks that every vampire eyes have more prominent. They're both sweethearts, but are very old school.