Chapter 4

Hey! I wanted to give another update before things get crazy at school. People please bear with me, this chapter is not edited. So if there are a lot of errors, I'm so sorry. I just wanted to be able to update before all my finals start. :( Can you believe that finals week is already here?! Life is just moving so freaking fast. :/ Hope you like it! :) Happy reading!

Pam and I walked into our cozy apartment. You know that feeling you get whenever you walk into your house and your body becomes relaxed? The tension in me and Pam's body immediately left our bodies, and we both let out a deep sigh.

I never would have dreamed that I could stay in an upscale apartment. Then again, I never thought that vampires exist, or rather I become one.

We walked into our kitchen and I put our ice cream into the freezer.

"So what do you want to do first? Watch the movies or do our manicures?" I asked Pam. "Here you go." I hand her a bag of blood and got one for myself.

She grabbed the bag of blood and popped it open with her fang. She sucked on the blood thoughtfully and then paused to looked back up to me with a smile, "Let's do both at the same time!"

I closed the freezer door and nodded my head. "That sounds good. I don't want to just stuff my face with gelato during the movies." I said, biting into my own bag. Pam gave a delicate snort.

"I know! You'd think that by us being vampires that we could eat anything we want without getting an extra chin," she huffed while throwing away the empty bag of blood.

I burst out laughing, knowing how true that was. Most people believe that vampires become beautiful and gain a sexy body. You are so wrong. Just like humans, vampires have to go to the gym and eat healthy foods in order to be physically healthy. The only things that happen to us physically is that we grow fangs, get silver mixed with our original eye color, and stop aging. Vampires are basically humans that have enhanced abilities like super strength, speed, and heightened senses. Oh yeah, and we have to drink blood in order to keep our bodies alive and strong. Vampires can 'influenced ' humans--or if strong enough other vampires--with their mind. The point of this is that we can do all of these amazing things...but we can't magically get rid of unwanted fat without working out.

Pam rested her forearms against the kitchen counter. "So what do you think about the recent case?" she asked.

I grimaced and threw the empty bag away. Honestly, I didn't want think about this case. It does nothing but bring back up memories of a really hard time in my life. It's also one the worst ones I've encountered since becoming a member of the Black Diamonds. Just the thought of some man going around mutilating and then killing women filled me with rage and gave me the chills.

I rubbed my arms up and down to get rid of the cold feeling and answered, "I can't wait to kill this son of a bitch. We don't need another psycho killing off women because they're messed up in the head."

Pam nodded her head in sympathy. "I totally agree with you. The only thing that's bothering me is how this guy is going about killing these women without getting caught. So far, this guy has already killed two women that lived within the same county. Don't you think that's kind of risky for him to do that?" she inquired.

I cocked my head thinking about what she said. It is risky to kill two people that lived close to each other within the same month. "I think you're right about that. Either this guy doesn't know what he's doing or trying to distract us from something much bigger." I said thoughtfully.

She rubbed her temples with her fingers. "I really want to know why the murderer is going after women in the first place. More importantly, why within the same area? Maybe he's obsessed with them and then goes into this psychotic phase and kills them? I don't know. We won't have a good clue as to what is going on until we talk to the victims friends and families in the next few days."