Chapter 10

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for the long wait! There just has been a lot of things going on. My life will begin to get more hectic and the updates may slow down a little, but I will try to update every other week as much as possible. I don't want to just throw some shit together and expect you guys to like it. It'll be nothing but a pile of bullshit that doesn't make sense. Anyways, this is Chapter ten my sexies so enjoy it!

Happy reading! :)

Nic called for everyone to meet in the living to strategize our next move. When Bobby, Pam and I walk in, there are folders sitting in front of each chair on the table. The others are already in their seats and greets us when we walk into the room. Nic hops up and walk over to me, surprisingly.

I look up to him and smile as the Pam and Bobby go to sit down. "Hey," I say with a timid smile.

He smiles down at me and leans in to plant a chaste kiss on my lips. I almost moan out loud, but I manage to hold it back. "Good morning, bella," he whispers against my lips. He then strokes my cheek as he asks, "How did you sleep?"

I open my mouth to answer him, but I hear a loud gasp. We both look over to the others to see everyone looking at us in shock...well except Pam. She was sitting there with a large grin on her face.

Nic straightened up from me and turned to face them. "What are you all staring at?" he questions them with a cocked brow.

Bobby groans playfully, "Oh no, you're dating Salene now? Now I will never be happy!" He then starts to gently hit his head on the table which made Madison scowl in his direction and roll her eyes.

Zion look to me and asks, "Are you two together?"

I can't help but blush as I look up to Nic in askance. He then wraps his arm around my lower back and pull me towards him. He looks back to Zion with a stern glare and answers, "Yes, we are together now." I bite my lip to hold back a smile because of the angry tone Nic answered Zion.

Zion held his hands up and chuckles. "Hey man, she's all yours. I'm just about damn time you grew a pair and snatched her up," he finish with a sincere smile towards us.

"What?" Nic and I ask, dumbfounded.

"Oh please you two, everyone knows that you like each other," Bobby says while snickering.

Tyrick laughs, "Just watch, these guys are going to start going at it like bunnies." He then taps Zion's shoulder and says, "All we're going to hear is them having sex." To my utter embarrassment, Tyrick starts to making girly moans like 'oooh Nic, ooh!' that makes everyone laugh.

I hear Nic let out a low chuckle. I whip around to face him while crossing my arms and arch a brow at him. He clears his throat and turns back to our friends and give everyone his signature scowl. "Cut it out now, you're making Salene uncomfortable," he says while guiding me to an empty seat with a hand on my lower back. I rolled my eyes when I notice that he didn't say that he was embarrassed. After we get settled in our seats, we  soon start to go over our next move as far as the case.

Later on that afternoon, I find myself at the doorstep of the first victim, house with Pam. The house is in a quiet part of town with large two-story houses lining the streets. This specific house is white with black panels on the windows and a large oak door in the center of the house. White, wooden stairs lead up a small patio that has a rocking chair off to the left.