Chapter 18

As promised I updated! So please enjoy the chapter!!

Happy reading!

After everyone got dressed, we all meet up with Barber at a cafe in downtown. The cafe is rather large and is buzzing with so much activity. The waitress direct us to a secluded eating area towards the back of the cafe. A large, oak table with matching chairs polished to perfection sits in the middle and menus are placed in front of each chair.

We all sit down at the table and wait on Barber to show up. Nic pulls a chair out for me and I give him a blushing smile as I take a seat in the chair.

"Aww he's such a gentleman!" Pam says with dreamy eyes and I just roll my eyes at her while everyone else laugh.

Tyrick picks up his menu and ask everyone at the table, "So what do you think Barber wanted to tell us so bad?"

"I have no idea. Whatever it is I hope that we're one step closer to solving this case," Madison says.

"Yeah me too, I want to go back home and take a long hot bath and drink beer," Zion says with a wistful sigh.

"Well said my friend," Tyrick says while bumping fists with Zion.

I smile at their antics and look down at the menu to see what I wanted. At the corner of my eye I see movement and I look up to see Barber making his way towards us. "Good afternoon people," he says wearily.

We all give our greeting as he sits down in the only vacant chair next to Victor. He sits his briefcase beside him and lets out a long sigh. "It's so hard trying to investigate the people you work with without their knowledge."

"I can only imagine," Nic says with a bored tone. I lightly smack his thigh under the table and he only turn to me with a raises brow. I give him a look that says 'be nice' and he rolls his eyes and give me a slight nod. Satisfied, I turn back to Barber to see him remove papers from his case and place them on the table.

He clears his throat, "I'm going to let you guys know what I found after we order." We agree and a waitress that looks to be in her late twenties appears by our table.

"Good afternoon, can I get anything for y'all to drink?" She asks in a cheery voice and flutter her naturally long lashes. I furrow my brows because she just sound too damn happy. I see that she's all flushed and staring straight at Detective Barber with lust shining in her eyes.

"I want a raspberry ice tea." Bobby says.

"I want a caramel frappé," Madison says.

"We'll get a coffee with a little cream," both Zion and Tyrick says simultaneously.

"I want just water with lemon," I tell her.

"Ooh me too!" Pam shouts in my ear.

"Yeah same here," Victor says.

"I want just plain water, no ice or lemon." Nic says in a nonchalant voice.

"And I'll take a coffee, black." Detective Barber says.

When she was done scribbling our drink orders down she smiles brightly at us. "Okay coming right up," with that, she flounce away with a twitch in her hips. I just roll my eyes at her methods of getting attention and rest elbow on the table and place my chin on my knuckles.

"So, I sent that semen samples that were obtained from the victims' bodies and tested the samples from almost all of the cops at the station and none of them match. But get this," Barber says while leaning in on the table and lowering his voice. "The semen belongs to a male vampire."