YOU'RE ME [NR]

AT SOME POINT, we all stumble upon a very interesting dilemma in our stories. The "who am I" question- the one that's rarely answered.

I've figured out. Much like the others who are like me.

I'm Spider-Woman. Head of the Spider-Verse, until recently when I learned there was someone else who had been deemed that. Someone else with their own headquarters.

That poses a real threat to me. There can only be one, and if the universe finds out, we're all royally screwed.

"Liam," I call out to my AI, opening a doorway to the dimension, "Make sure everything's calm around here for the next few days. I've got business to attend to."

"Sure," he shrugged, chewing gum, "Anything I should know before you go?"

"The usual," I shrug, "If I call you, you answer."

"Yeah, yeah," he rolled his eyes, leaning against my desk, "See you soon, boss."

I nod my head and walk through. Before anything, I look around the place. It looked exactly like my headquarters and my world, there was nothing really different.

I take the digital mask off of me, taking everything in. If this were exactly how my headquarters looked like, I imagine the office is in the same place.

I jumped up and crawled on the ceiling, making sure my steps were quiet as it was already night. I crawled the way to the office, stopping once I was in front of it. If this person was anything like me, they were definitely working late.

Slowly, I sneak inside, watching as I was correct. I loaded my mask back up again, prepared to do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of the multiverse.

"Hello?" I hear a low voice before the sound of his mask comes on, much like my very own.

Continuing to crawl up, I stop once I'm right behind him. I look down at him, studying him for a second. Brown hair, brown eyes, muscles, and a suit exactly like my own.

He was me.

I observed as he turned around slowly, looking directly below and ahead of him before slowly looking up. I immediately take the chance to lunch at him, releasing the blades that were on my suit.

"I'm here to ensure the security of the Spider-Verse," I say as my mask comes off, pinning him against the wall with my hand to his neck, "I suggest you don't move."

"Or what, huh?" he voice remains to be low, "Who the hell are you anyway?"

I shrugged, "I'm Y/N O'Hara. In other words, you're me."

He scoffed as he looked down at me, "Are you sure you're not me?"

"Of course I'm not you," I chuckled as I looked up at him, "You've made no effort to release yourself."

He scoffed, keeping the cold familiar exterior up. He couldn't cover up his unintentional physical emotions though. I smirk at the redness that coats his cheeks.

I step back before webbing him to the wall. I cross my arms as I look at him.

"You know there can't be two headquarters," I bring up, watching as he shrugged. He knew exactly what I was talking about, which meant he had already known I existed.

"I'm not shutting down mine."

I roll my eyes, "Relax. I never said you shouldn't. You're so uptight."

"We are the same," he replied, seething as he brought his fangs out.

I chuckled, bringing mine out next. "You think you scare me? I know every move you'll make because I've already made them."

I step closer to him, our faces inches apart.

"You know, you're not too bad looking for a male version of me," I stare into his eyes, a small taunting smile on my face as he kept his serious gaze on me, "Loosen up, Miguel."

I step back and turn around, hoping he'll come to the conclusion himself.

"You're proposing we combine our quarters," he tells me, understanding.

"Exactly," I turn, shrugging as I look up at him, "You know I'd hate to kill such an smart, attractive man. The more Spideys, the merrier, right?"

He looked down at me, staring for a few seconds. I could tell he was considering it by the stoic demeanor he- we always had on.

He tilts his head, "How do I know you won't kill me once we've set our deal?"

"Because two is stronger than one," I shrug as I explain, "The universe wouldn't like two headquarters and two different people managing them, but if you were to combine it and have those two people in charge acting like one..."

"You've got no anomaly," he finished my sentence, realizing the sense in my logic.

I nod my head, "You've got it. So what do you say?"

He shrugs, and before he says anything, he immediately and easily rips out of the webs, towering over me until he's got me against the opposite wall.

He leaned down, inches away from me.

"How does it feel?" he questions, staring between my red cheeks and my lips, "Not being in control's not so fun, is it?"

"What're you saying?" I clear my throat, knowing there would always be a deeper meaning in his words.

"We're both giving up some part of our leadership, Y/N," his voice is barely above a whisper, "I just wanna make sure you're okay with that before I make a deal with you. I know myself, therefore I know you."

I continue to look in his eyes. My jaw hardens, but I still give him my answer.

"We have a deal, then."

The same taunting smile I gave him, he gives me. He reaches his hand out as he continues to look at me so intently. I reach my hand out too, keeping my eyes on his as I shook my hand with his. We were inches away from one another, yet we didn't move.

"I think we may be a little narcissistic," he whispers, his breath rising slowly as it hits my skin.

"We are a little narcissistic," I confirm, looking between both his eyes. He chuckled before moving back away from me.

"We're using my buildings," he shrugs, turning around as if it were a done deal.

"Says who?"

He laughs and slightly his head.

"Welcome to your new home, Y/N."