TEACHER'S PET [F] (P.II)

A FEW MONTHS had passed since I had started Professor O'Hara's class and here was clearly something between us. We'd always steal glances at one another during our class or I'd catch him staring when I'm writing notes.

When I'd ask him for more explanation on some things he taught in class, he always lets me sit in his chair and he towers over me while helping, grazing over my skin as if he didn't mean to.

As I walk down towards his desk, a smile appears on his face as he looks at me.

I smile back and wave, taking a few more steps before I'm in front of him.

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you I'm not going to be here for the next two weeks and I was wondering if I could get an advance on the lessons I'll be missing," I looked up at him, a small blush on my face as I spoke.

His smile faded a bit and he nodded, "Yes, of course."

He turned back and went in his drawers, pulling out copies of his lesson plans.

"Uh, so, what's the occasion?" He spoke as he sifted through the papers.

I shrugged as I stepped toward his desk, "Just visiting family for Christmas. I haven't seen them since June, so I figured it was time."

He nodded and smiled, holding up the copies. He motioned for me to turn so he could put them in my bag. "That's good."

I turned around, feeling him open my bag.

"Yeah," I chuckled, "How about you? You doing anything for the holidays?"

He closed my bag and turned me back around, his hands briefly on my shoulders.

"Not really," he shrugged, taking his hands down, "I've got a small Christmas tree on my desk at home, but that's pretty much it."

"Really?" I questioned, my eyebrows slightly furrowed, "You should do something for the holidays!"

He shook his head, chuckling. "No, no. I've gotten to the age where I don't want to buy a big Christmas tree just for myself."

I pressed my lips together. That means he has no girlfriend.

"Well, we could do something," I brought up and idea, shrugging, "Before I go. Like buy you some Christmas decorations."

"Oh, no, I don't know," he says, shaking his head slightly, "I don't think the university would like that."

He looked at me, but I could tell he wanted to by the way a small blush creeped on his cheeks.

"Oh, come on," I chuckled, pretending not to notice, "A coffee and a quick trip to the mall between friends is nothing to worry about."

He looked at me for a second, seemingly contemplating it. He then gave in, nodding.

"Okay, fine," he told me, "But I'm not getting anything over-the-top."

"We'll see about that," I took a sticky note from my bag before writing my address on it, "Here's my address."

"You don't dorm?" He took it once I handed it to him, looking over the piece of paper.

"No," I shook my head, "My grandparents used to live in the place, but they moved. They only kept it in because I wanted to go to college here."

He nodded, a small smile on his face, "I'll be there at, what do you say, six?"

"Yeah," I smiled, taking a step back as I got ready to leave, "I'll see you then, Professor."

"You can call me Miguel," he called, "Since we're friends."

"Okay," I chuckled, waving small, "I'll see you then, Miguel."

Miguel.