NINE

music ——

—— ptpom 2.0, mohead mike, moneybagg yo, big boogie

PRESENT DAY

feb 3

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

OF ALL THE DIFFERENT PLACES, DC WAS by far the least interesting. it was the land of old people. for tatiana, there was nothing to do. for sharky, there were no people to meet. it wasn't fun at all.

that's why, they had both agreed to cut their trip short, and head over to california. lucky for tatiana she would have lots of opportunities to spend time with her family. something she hadn't done in nearly a year.

of course, as soon as she dropped her things into a hotel room, she basically raced back to her home, dragging sharky with her, as their rental car turned the fourty five minute drive, into a twenty minute one. she didn't even bother to change from the plain cream colored sweat suit she had worn at the airport.

"mama.." tatiana smiled, jumping into her arms, gripping tightly. they stayed that way for a solid thirty seconds, while sharky awkwardly stood there, holding all the gifts tatiana had brought for her family.

when they pulled away, her mother held tatiana's face in her hands, admiring her blossomed beauty. "mon beau.." her mother whispered, kissing her on the forehead as tatiana laughed.

"mama.. this is sharky, you know sharky..!" she grinned, as sharky hugged the woman, joying the comfort her hugs gave. "your, boyfriend, yes?" she asked, and the both winced, but neither of them commented.

as tatiana's mother walked farther into the house, leaving them alone in the foyer, tatiana leaned into sharky. "so i forgot to tell my family we broke up, so just pretend, yeah?" tatiana smiled sweetly as she asked. even if sharky didn't want to, that look would've made him change his mind.

"baba.." tatiana smiled, as she was quick to embrace her father, as he kissed her cheek, rubbing her back soothingly, while tatiana spoke things to him in arabic.

sharmarke, who awkwardly stood, gave a respectful handshake to her father. he was suprised when tatiana's father pulled him into a hug, while he spoke things in arabic that sharky only slightly understood.