Chapter Two

August probably made out with Conan at one point. Austin too tbh. And I don't blame her. (Austin has literally been passed around that friendship group atp).

Petition to bring the old August back 🙋

TW: Mallory. (I wonder what that means 🫢)

------

April, 2020

"'Not a lot going on at the moment,' she says as though she's not making a new album," Mallory scoffed as she looked at Taylor's newest instagram post. "Biggest lie of the century."

Her wife grinned and kissed her cheek with a shrug. Mallory and Taylor decided to spend the day engaging in a long and probably stressful board game tournament. As passionate board game enthusiasts, and two extremely bored people, they saw this friendly competition as a chance to bond and showcase their strategic skills.

Mallory and Taylor set up a gaming table in their living room, ready to start on a series of exciting challenges. Scrabble, Monopoly, Cluedo, Sorry, Blackjack- these were the games they selected for their epic showdown. With love and playful banter in the air, they prepared themselves for an afternoon of lighthearted competition.

The first game on their list was Scrabble, a battle of words and lexical prowess. They strategically arranged their tiles, creating clever word combinations and showcasing their linguistic prowess. Despite a valiant effort from Mallory, Taylor emerged as the victor with an impressive display of vocabulary and strategic tile placement (where was the surprise there?). Mallory, though slightly disappointed, hugged her partner, impressed by Taylor's wordplay.

"Calling me bonkers, though. I don't know how to feel about that," Mallory chuckled when Taylor rolled her eyes and helped clear away the board.

Undeterred by the initial defeat, Mallory called for a rematch in Monopoly, a game of shrewd property management and calculated risks. They rolled the dice, navigated the board, and skillfully negotiated property purchases.

Taylor's hidden knack for financial acumen proved superior as she deftly outmaneuvered Mallory in cunning trades and astute investments. With a mix of luck and strategic thinking, Taylor sealed her second victory, leaving Mallory determined to turn the tide.

Eager to break the pattern, Mallory suggested a change of pace with Cluedo, a classic game of mystery and deduction. The couple dove into the intriguing murder investigation, examining clues and interrogating suspects.

Mallory's sharp deduction skills led her to uncover the truth before Taylor had a chance to make her own revelation. Mallory celebrated her first victory in the tournament, narrowing the score to 2-1 in Taylor's favor.

To inject some excitement, they decided to switch to Sorry, a game of chance and strategy that often leads to unexpected twists. Their pawns raced around the board, dashing opponents back to the start with gleeful "sorrys." In a neck-and-neck race, Taylor's luck favored her, securing her third win and intensifying the competitive spirit between them.

"Ugh, I hate you, you american shit," Mallory scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I love you, London Girl," Taylor smirked, blowing a kiss. One qthat Mallory begrudgingly caught and hold to her chest.

As the tournament neared its end, the couple decided to spice things up with a round of Blackjack, a card game that tests luck and strategic decision-making. They engaged in friendly rivalry, placing bets and trying to outsmart each other with well-timed hits and calculated risks. This time, luck smiled upon Mallory, granting her a much-needed victory that brought the score to 3-2.