Chapter 6: Arrive at the Prison Island

Sonic was sitting in his jail cell, his knees close to his chest and his head resting on them. His hands were folded neatly in his lap as he rocked back and forth.

'Why won't they tell me what's going on? I know I didn't steal the Choas Emerald, but they won't believe me. I mean, I know it's not my fault that I got caught' Sonic thought bitterly to himself.

He looked up at the ceiling, deeply thinking about Shadow and how to beat him. He was a master of many forms of combat; from gunmanship to hand to hand and from hand to foot. He was also pretty damn good at fighting with his fists. He shook his head.

'No time to think like that,' he thought. 'It's important to focus. I have to practice beating Shadow.'

He stood up and raised his fists, staring at them as he clenched his jaw. "I'll show Shadow that I am not going to lose! I'll become the best!" He pumped his fist in the air as he punched through the air several times before dropping into a crouch and punching the ground. Then he was doing the kicking exercises again. He was just getting started.

"You can do it, Sonic! Just hit harder and kick harder, just like Knuckles taught you how to fight!" he shouted to himself as he did another set of kicks. "Yeah, I'll get you! I'll kick your ass until you're crying for mercy! And then you're going down!"

*Meanwhile*

Amy and Tails arrived at the Prison Island. The sun was rising before them, casting long shadows across the ocean. They landed near the island and walked out towards the edge. The sun glinted off the sea's surface as it rose higher and higher above them, illuminating a large expanse of water. 'So beautiful...' said Amy as she gazed around her, admiring the view.

"So this is the Prison Island," said Tails, looking over the edge. "Sonic must be here somewhere."

"We can always find him if we look for long enough," replied Amy as she began walking along the edge of the cliff. "This place has an amazing view. It makes me feel like I could conquer the whole world. And there are so many things to explore, too."

"Yeah, I guess it does, although I'm sure Sonic could come up with something better than this," Tails frowned, gesturing around at the prison island and the ocean. "And I bet he already knows it. He would be bored if he couldn't do all those things!"

"I'm going to save my Sonic from boredom! That's what I'm going to do after I defeat Eggman," said Amy, running to the island's center.

"Amy, wait!" shouted Tails, but Amy had already gone. He sighed, "What am I going to do with her?" Tails wasn't exactly a big fan of the idea of leaving Amy alone with Eggman, especially since he knew that she was going to try and rescue him. He hoped that she wouldn't go in there all by herself.

Tails took a capsule out of his pocket and threw it on the ground to reveal a vehicle called Cyclone, he mounted his Cyclone and went into the forest.

"Alright, let's see what I can find." He ran towards the forest, hoping he could find some clues as to where Sonic might be. And Amy, too, if she managed to get past Eggman and get to the Prison Island. He was a little worried about that possibility.

--

Amy looked for Sonic in all the forests and swamps surrounding Prison Island, but no sign of him seemed to appear. She had tried searching everywhere except for the prison itself and was starting to wonder why. But then she saw a shadow in the distance. 'Is that Sonic?' she wondered, picking up speed towards it. She soon reached the clearing area and stopped, surprised to see the black hedgehog and a female bat talking to each other, standing about five feet apart.