Ch. 17: The Dark Truth about Gerald Robotnik

Chapter 17: The Dark Truth About Gerald Robotnik

The red light was flashing and the alarm went off, a deafening sound in his ears as he covered his ears with both of his hands to block it out.

"Auugh! What the hell's going on?! Why doesn't the cannon fire?!" yelled Eggman over the din.

He quickly tapped the keyboard on his computer, attempting to mute it, but it was useless. There wasn't even a single error in his calculations so why was this happening? Was it possible that someone had tampered with them?

"Dammit! That can't be right! The readings are all perfect!" he said. He frantically tried to run through the calculations again, but it was useless.

"What the hell happened?!" yelled Eggman, slamming his fist onto the desk.

"Boss! We've got trouble! The ARK is going to crash on Earth!" cried Cubot.

"What?! How?" demanded Eggman.

"I don't know! It was a sort of accident. If we don't make it out alive, then we'll all die!" cried Cubot.

"What should we do?" asked Orbot.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?! Where's Shadow, and why didn't he handle the situation?!" snapped Eggman.

The screen came on to static to show the image of his grandfather, Gerald Robotnik, who was tied up with a chain and chair. The mathematics scribbled on the wall behind him were written in chalk.

"Wh-who's that?" asked Orbot.

"That's... That's my grandfather, Gerald Robotnik!" exclaimed Eggman in shock.

*Meanwhile*

Sonic came into the Main Control Room and reunited with his friends, Tails and Amy were so happy that Sonic was alive and well after so long. He explained what had happened and how he survived the pod before the explosion as they listened to him.

"So you're telling me that you used Chaos Control to teleport and came back to the ARK?" asked Tails.

Sonic nodded as everyone looked at him in awe.

"I still can't believe you could do it," said Tails. "But I'm glad that you're okay."

Amy hugged Sonic, "Yeah, I'm so happy that you made it out!" Amy tried to kiss Sonic, but he dodged her and laughed before pulling away.

Sonic smiled. "Aw, c'mon, Ames. You're not exactly subtle."

Tails rolled his eyes before turning his attention, a clanking sound coming from the ceiling above them. Everyone stood up and prepared to defend themselves if something attacked them. But what they saw shocked them. A white-furred bat came down from the ceiling, and Knuckles recognized her.

"You?!" Knuckles said in shock. The bat grinned at him and Knuckles threw his arms in exasperated. "Oh, why haven't you given up already?!" Knuckles groaned.

Rogue closed her eyes and threw her hand in the air. "Oh, relax. I'm not here to fight you. It's all over for us."

Knuckles raised his eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I just received a message from my boss. The President of the United Federation," Rogue said. "He said that the Space Colony ARK is currently approaching the Earth. It won't stop until the planet is completely destroyed."

Their eyes widened. "It's coming for the entire earth?" asked Sonic.

"Yes, but there's one problem," said Rogue.

"And what would that be?" asked Amy.

"The Arks have been programmed to attack anything that moves in its path," said Rogue.