Chapter 3: Stolen Emerald

Emporium San Francisco, CA 11:45 AM

Inside the arcade game, Sonic was playing a racing game while a couple of kids and teens were watching him. He didn't really mind, he liked them just fine and they were always kind to him. He was pretty confident in his skills as a racer, having been playing racing games for years on the side. He won the race at the finish line with the fastest time record ever, making the crowd cheer loudly and excitedly. The little group laughed amongst themselves happily, Sonic himself being one of the people laughing along with them. He looked towards the screen, seeing how high his score went up, making him happy. 

"Wow, dude, you're so awesome," the teenage boy exclaimed proudly, standing beside the green hedgehog. "How long have you been playing?" He asked curiously.

Sonic shrugged, "Not long, actually. I started around three months ago." He answered, "It's fun when you're doing it right. You can't really make mistakes if you're good."

"Whoa," the teenager said quietly, impressed at what Sonic said. "So how do you even know about all this stuff?"

The hedgehog looked thoughtful, "Well... I guess there is this one place I went to that taught me about racing games. It sounds crazy, but... it really helps. When you learn how to play well enough, it seems like things come easier for you. And when I learned how to ride a roller coaster."

The teen chuckled, "Man, you sure are lucky. My friend and I are going to try riding a roller coaster together next weekend. We wanted to invite you to go with us but we figured..." He trailed off, embarrassed. Sonic smiled reassuringly and shook his head, "No problem at all. I'd love to see that."

After that, Sonic exited the arcade game and the teens waved goodbye to him before moving away. The blue hedgehog ran down the sidewalk in the direction of home, humming happily to himself and smiling slightly to himself when he thought back on the experience. His heart was filled with excitement and contentment. It had been a very long time since he went out and played with children, especially younger children like these ones. Sonic knew how much he could have grown up without the company of other kids.

A police car approached Sonic from behind suddenly. His ears perked up and Sonic stopped walking abruptly, tensing up. He was surprised when he saw the cops pull into a driveway near him and park their cars before jumping out and rushing toward the hedgehog. They held out their guns in his face, causing him to jump in surprise. The blue hedgehog stood still and raised his arms up slowly.

"Don't move," one of them demanded sternly, looking him up and down with narrowed eyes. There was a tense silence between them before a loud siren sounded nearby.

"Sonic the Hedgehog, you're under arrest for stealing the gem from the Museum of Art," another officer declared with an authoritative voice.

"Wait, what? Stealing? Hold on, there must be a mistake of some kind-"

"You are currently being detained at headquarters until the end of your trial," a second police officer said, his dark eyes never leaving the hedgehog. He seemed to be trying to find any weakness to exploit. "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

*Meanwhile*

Angel Island 1:35 PM

An anthropomorphic white bat who wore a strapless pink heart-shaped chest plate with white trim, revealing her cleavage a bit, black leather pants, she had white, long gloves and high-heeled boots along with pink cuffs. Her boots were featured with hearts on her toes. She wore pink lipstick and blue shadow to make her look attractive.