Chapter 7: Sonic vs. Shadow Round 2

Chapter 7: Sonic vs Shadow Round 2

Shadow walked through the jungle looking for any sign of Choas Emerald. It was noon and he'd had to spend nearly all his time on this mission alone. He knew that it would be better if he brought Rouge with him, but she has her own mission at hand now. He looked around, not seeing the emerald, or even a trail leading towards it. Then his walkie-talkie buzzed and he answered.

"This is Rouge. I've got a small problem... I can't believe I'm trapped inside this locked safe with a Chaos Emerald. I won't be able to call myself a Treasure Hunter anymore," she sighed.

"It's okay, I'll get you out," said Shadow.

"I don't think that's a good idea, it could be dangerous in here. I'll be alright. We just need to find the entrance," said Rouge.

Shadow sighed. "Alright, stay there." With that, he ran through the jungle back towards base. He found the blue hedgehog down there bathed in the waterfall and he walked closely behind the tree. He watched him as he washed himself off, thinking about how beautiful he was.

Sonic hated water, but he had to clean himself from the bad odor of his fur when he trained since last night. When he finished he walked over to the edge of the lake and shake his fur off like a dog trying to dry off after a bath.

"Ah, that's much better!" He now felt fresh and clean, but he frowned as he felt being watched. He looked up, but there was no one there.

"That's weird, I could've sworn someone was watching me. Maybe I'm being paranoid," said Sonic. He left the waterfall and headed through the jungle. After a few minutes, he finally came across a jungle that looked promising.

"Huh, so far, so good," Sonic smiled. He continued walking until he spotted the black hedgehog on the branch.

"Hey, that's..." Sonic trailed off. The two stared each other down. Shadow narrowed his eyes at him and glared at the blue blur, and Sonic glared right back.

"That blue hedgehog again, of all places..." Shadow crossed his arms.

"I found you, faker!" Sonic growled as he pointed at him.

"Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog around here. You're comparing yourself to me... ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake." Shadow smirked and Sonic glared at him.

"I'll make you eat those words!" Sonic charged and jumped at him. Shadow dodged the attack easily. Shadow then grabbed the blue hedgehog by his waist and threw him into the tree bark. Sonic grunted, holding onto a branch. Shadow looked smugly at him. Sonic glared at Shadow and then leaped from his tree branch onto Shadow who tried to move back, but he was stuck. His feet were pinned down under Sonic. Sonic stood over him with a smirk on his face. Shadow gritted his teeth and kicked him off him.

He pushed himself away from the hedgehog and then jumped up, landing right above him. He crouched and his hand glowed yellow and yelled, " Choas Spear!" he fired at Sonic, but he dodged with his running speed. Shadow was shocked for only a second before the azure hedgehog punched Shadow in the face. He fell back and landed on the ground with a thud. Sonic grinned triumphantly at him and then Shadow stood up and wiped the blood corner of his face. He looked at his gloved hand and then looked back at Sonic.

He smirked, "Not bad. For a young hedgehog, you have quite the fighting style."

Sonic laughed, "I should say the same about you," he replied. Shadow raised a brow and smirked, "Oh? Well, I guess I should show you how I fight." With that, he charged forward and Sonic tried dodging, but Shadow caught hold of his wrist and twisted it. Sonic yelped, surprised by the sudden pain. Shadow threw Sonic off and ran at him once more. Sonic tried to dodge but he wasn't fast enough. Shadow wrapped his arm around his neck and lifted him high off the ground. He pulled back his fist and prepared to deliver the final blow. Sonic broke free from his grasp and flew backward. He landed hard on his back, causing him to groan in pain. Shadow quickly approached him, ready to finish the blue hedgehog off once and for all. Sonic quickly sat up, dodged another strike, and swung his leg to hit Shadow's backside. Shadow was knocked off balance, sending him tumbling to the side. Shadow stood up and rolled himself into a ball into a homing attack and Sonic did the same. They both went crashing to the ground causing the grass and dirt to fly everywhere. They stopped rolling and turned their heads toward each other. They glanced at each other and panting heavily. They didn't say anything for several moments, simply staring at one another.