Chapter 16: Return to the Place Where We First Met

Amy and Tails were crying. Amy was trying to pull herself together, but Tails was still holding her close in a bear hug, even when she was sobbing on his shoulder.

"I can't believe it! Sonic's gone!" cried Tails.

"Sonic...! *hics* Sonic...!" cried Amy.

Eggman turned to them with an evil smirk on his, pointing his gun at them.

"Now, we have some unfinished business to take care of!" Eggman pointed his gun at them again. "Don't try anything funny...If you give me the real Emerald, I'll release you both." he threatened, aiming at Tails' head.

Amy stopped crying for a moment, she stood up, wiped her tears, and angrily glared at him.

"You really think we're just going to let you get away with what you did?! Sonic is gone because of you! And it's your fault that he's no longer here!!" growled Amy.

Tails stood up, too, angry as well. He stared Eggman down, determined to keep Amy safe. "Amy's right, and if you hurt us, then it's going to be all your fault!" said Tails.

"You dare talk to me like that?! You little brats! Do you know how much trouble I could have gotten into by letting you live!?" roared Eggman. "All you need do is say yes, and this will all go away! Now shut your yapping and give me the real Emerald!" ordered Eggman. Amy and Tails didn't answer Eggman.

"If you want that Emerald badly," Amy withdrew her Piko Piko Hammer from behind her back. Tails pulled out his own weapon as well. They looked straight into Eggman's eyes, their anger radiating off of them, like a wave of heat from a burning log.

"You'll have to beat us cuz we avenge Sonic's death!" said Amy, preparing to battle.

"We avenge your death, Sonic! We'll beat Egghead!" shouted Tails. They both charged at Eggman. Amy held her hammer high, to swing with her Piko Piko Hammer to his head, while Tails shot his laser gun strike at his arm, hoping to weaken him so Amy could knock him out with her Hammer.

Hiiiyyyaa!!" yelled Amy, as she swung her hammer, hitting Eggman square in the face. He fell back, shocked by the blow. Amy and Tails charged at Eggman, swinging their weapons around wildly. Their attacks landed blows on him, knocking him onto the floor, unconscious. Amy and Tails walked toward the unconscious form of their enemy.

"This is for Sonic, you asshole!" yelled Amy.

"Sonic... we did it. We avenged your death," said Tails, his tears flowing down his cheeks. He grabbed onto Amy's hand tightly. Amy smiled and gently stroked Tails' hair. She knew they would never let their anger stop them. The two stood there, holding hands, planning to tie Eggman up.

"Let's tie him up," said Tails.

Amy nodded, they went to find the rope while Eggman crawled away from them and found the real Chaos Emerald.

*Meanwhile*

Knuckles was strolling through the space corridor hallway, wandering around looking for any sign of his friends or his enemies. His feet echoed through the empty halls as he took one step after another. He reached the end of the hallway and stepped through the large doorway into the main room of the building. He stopped there as he felt something about the energy in the air shift. It made him uneasy.

'Huh? I feel some strange energy...' thought Knuckles.

As Knuckles stepped away from the door, something flashed before his eyes. He saw a blue hedgehog lying on the floor unconscious that possessed topaz Choas Emerald. Knuckles was confused. Why was Sonic lying on the ground unconscious? He quickly ran over to him. He knelt beside him. As soon as he got closer, Knuckles realized why Sonic was unconscious. There was no blood coming from Sonic's side nor bruises or fatal injuries. He was fine. Knuckles shook him awake. Sonic groaned in pain. Knuckles was worried. What happened to Sonic?