Ch. 28: Welcome Home, Sonic

Chapter 28: Welcome Home, Sonic.

3 months later, the nurse removed the bandage from Sonic's abdomen and sighed with satisfaction. The wound was healing quickly and looked healthy enough. She then wiped the stickiness from Sonic's fur.

"All right, your skin is clean of infection. You have a good chance to recover," said Nurse Daisy.

"So I'll be okay?" asked Sonic.

"Yes, you'll be fine. Don't worry about it too much," she smiled reassuringly, "the doctor says you're doing really well."

"Thank you," replied Sonic with a huge smile. He couldn't wait for the day when they could finally take him home. It had been 3 months since he was hospitalized after the battle with Eggman. That time he almost died. But now he felt much better. Not only did his wounds heal faster but he also felt better than before! He didn't remember much of what happened after waking up in that strange place, though some memories were left over.

"The doctor will be here for a moment and check how you're doing," announced the nurse as she exited the room. A minute later the door opened again, and Dr. Harrison came to the room carrying a clipboard.

"Hello, Sonic," said Dr. Harrison with a friendly smile.

"Hi, Dr. Harrison," greeted Sonic as he stood up from the bed. "It seems like my wounds are all healed!"
He flexed his arms to demonstrate. Dr. Harrison chuckled and nodded. "I'm glad you are feeling well. Now let's see if we can find out why your body has decided to give you these wounds..." She began scanning Sonic's body with his stethoscope. She took note of every injury. "Well, there doesn't seem to be any obvious cause for this. Your internal organs are fine, so there aren't any problems there, either..."Dr. Harrison moved around and continued her exam.

After completing her examination, she stepped back. "Your health looks great, Sonic. You're free to go," she smiled.

"Great, thanks Doc!" exclaimed Sonic excitedly.

"And I don't want you to rush back into action. Just make sure to rest, eat, and drink a lot," she said as she wrote down a note. "And here's the prescription for some painkillers. They're mild enough that you should feel no pain once you take them." She handed Sonic a note. Sonic thanked her again. As soon as she left, Sonic went to the first floor straight down to the pharmacy and got his prescription.

As he exited the hospital, Rouge was out there waiting for him. She was standing behind her
white Lamborghini while she was surfing her phone. She looked up and grinned at Sonic. "Hey there, blue boy!" she exclaimed cheerfully.

"Hiya, Rouge," said Sonic as he approached her car.  After opening the passenger door and getting inside, he sat down next to her. Rogue started driving and departed from the hospital.

"So how are you doing?" asked Sonic.

"Oh, I'm great. How about you?" asked Rouge. Sonic shrugged, "It was boring. I'd been in the hospital for 3 months," he said. "I did some physical therapy during those three months until my belly recovered. It wasn't so bad at first, but it kinda wore me out, even though there weren't any injuries on my body."

"So you're all better?" asked Rouge.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see my friends again!" exclaimed Sonic happily. "I miss 'em, Rouge. I can hardly wait to get home."

Rouge smiled softly. "I know you miss them. Let's go to your house," she suggested as she drove in the direction of Sonic's house. A few minutes later they arrived at the address. Rouge parked her car and they hopped off of it. As Sonic walked to his door, he unlocked the door and opened it, revealing a very crowded living room. They set up "Welcome Home" decorations along with streamers and balloons.