Ch. 26: Showdown! Neo Metal Sonic Appears!

Chapter 26: Showdown! Neo Metal Sonic Appears!

*Previously on*

"Besides, you ruined my plans to kill you, so I figured it was only fair that I return the favor by taking care of your precious friends," he gestured to Sonic's friends who were inside the glass bubble.

Amy, Tails, and Knuckles were desperately trying to break free from the glass sphere, but no matter how hard they tried, it didn't budge at all. They were crying for help.

"Let them go, Eggman!!" yelled Sonic furiously as his emerald eyes glared daggers into Eggman's. His voice filled with rage and betrayal, which was strange since he wasn't even upset with Eggman anymore.

Eggman chuckled evilly, "You still don't understand, do you? This city belongs to me. I've been planning revenge ever since the moment I first laid eyes on you, Sonic the Hedgehog," he cackled maniacally. "It doesn't matter what kind of hero you are. All that matters is power. Power means power over the universe. And what you have given to me makes me very powerful." said Eggman.

"What're you gonna do them?!" demanded Sonic.

"Just watch," grinned Eggman, raised the remote in his hand, and pressed the button to electrify them, sending shocks through their bodies to paralyze them.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! LET MY FRIENDS GO!!" he yelled in rage, his blue electricity surged through his body and his eyes glowed blue with fury as he clenched his fists tightly. He charged at Eggman with rage yelling and ready to punch him.

*Now*

"EGGBOTS! ATTACK!!" shouted Eggman in glee. The entire army of robots immediately fired lasers at Sonic, forcing him to jump out of the way and roll on the floor, dodging every laser attack with ease.

"Heh, not quite as impressive as you thought it would be," Sonic sneered before jumping back up and charging back at them again. He used his spin dash powers to dodge a barrage of lasers and punched one robot in the face, then kicked another one off its feet and slammed another one to the ground with full force, breaking it into pieces.

He ran forward, punching several robots left and right until one hit the switch that sent the entire army into chaos mode. Sonic opened his palm and created the power of wind turned into the orb.

"Sonic Wind!" he yelled as he threw the power orb high above the ground. It exploded and formed a massive tornado that engulfed half the city. Everyone within the radius immediately froze in fear due to the sheer amount of power coming from Sonic and his attack. Some of the smaller bots also froze in surprise due to their lack of knowledge of Sonic's powers.

"Don't just stand there! Attack that damn hedgehog!" yelled Eggman while pointing at the pesky blue rodent to send more attacks his way. Sonic quickly avoided a laser attack by rolling across the floor, avoiding all the lasers aimed at him.

Sonic used Cyloop to encircle the robots and blasted their parts with his wind powers to keep them busy. Meanwhile, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles struggled to escape the electricity-induced state. Once they did, they noticed that everyone was frozen in place except for Sonic who was using air currents and winds to fight against the robots.

They slowly picked their way over to him and stood next to him. Knuckles gave his friend an awkward smile and mumbled something about being proud of him.

"He can do it. I know he can," said Knuckles.

Sonic Axe kicked a robot that flew toward him, shattering him into pieces and causing a few of the other robots to freeze in shock.

'No need to worry, guys. Everything's cool now. I'm going to save you,' he thought them as he kept fighting off the large number of robots Eggman was throwing at him.