Chapter 12: Road to Space Colony ARK

The Sonic Team flew to Egypt as fast as they could. They needed to find a hidden base as soon as possible before Eggman could activate the Ark. They needed to find a way to travel to the Ark before it became too late.

In this desert area, Rouge stood there using binoculars. She was searching carefully for any sign of life, hoping to find someone who could point him in the right direction towards the place where Sonic had said he knew a safe landing spot. But there were no life forms around that seemed like it belonged here. Not even animals. There was nothing but sand and rocks everywhere.

Then a blue biplane approached across the sky coming from the north direction. Its outline was unmistakable: a young fox carrying Sonic crew members on board. Rouge spoke to the walkie-talkie.

"Shadow! They're in that blue plane, spotted at 11 o'clock!" said Rouge.

"Copy that. I'm in pursuit," said Shadow through the walkie-talkie.

Then he headed off in the direction where the plane was leading, there was a pyramid at the distance that looked like it would lead them to the destination. He stopped there and watched the plane go down into the desert area. He spoke to Dr. Eggman through the walkie-talkie.

"Doctor, they're heading directly towards us. What should we do?" asked Shadow.

"Just sit tight. I've got them on my radar. There's no way they can get away. I don't know what they're planning, but I'll be sure to give them a warm welcome," said Eggman, smirking evilly.

*Meanwhile*

The Sonic team arrived at the desert area where the plane landed. The sun beat against their bodies, making it harder to breathe. They dismounted the plane and looked around at the surroundings. It appeared to be completely deserted.

"Here we are at Egypy. Boy, it is hot out here!" said Tails as he looked up at the hot sun.

"Yeah, that doesn't look promising. We'd better start looking quickly for something that might hide us in a cave nearby," said Sonic.

He shielded his hand over his eyes scanning around the area. Suddenly his vision was interrupted by a triangular building, it was a pyramid from the distance.

"Inside that pyramid?" asked Sonic.

"I saw Eggman go inside that pyramid and more importantly, I saw that bat girl go inside with him. as well. You saw them, too, right?" asked Knuckles.

Amy nodded, "Yes, I did. That's where we have to head. Let's try to find an entrance to the secret base."

"She's right. We should be able to get into outer space from there. I have no idea what this space colony is all about, but I'll find and destroy that cannon, and then kick their asses!" said Sonic.

"Alright!" said Knuckles.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles led the way while Amy was left behind.

"Wait for me, guys!" Amy shouted as unpacked her bag to pick out her big, pink water jug. She drank water that she had to stay hydrated before running in the hot sun.

"Ah, good thing I bring water with me," she said as she ran after them.

After that, they were inside that pyramid building, finding stairs going underground, and following the voices echoing through the pyramid walls, until they reached an intersection, which led to a large room. At the opposite end of the room was another pyramid with another corridor leading up. It was dark, the torches lit only by orange light.

"Whoa, this place is huge. Maybe we found something important?" asked Amy. She looked around cautiously, waiting for some sort of danger or trap to pop out at her. Then she looked at the walls, trying to read the symbols engraved along them.