Chapter 221-250

Chapter 221

"Gerald?"

Lilian and Sharon walked over and they glanced at Gerald and Queta.

Lilian and Sharon had always wanted to go on a trip before they graduate and previously they heard about how beautiful Yorknorth was from Hayward and he had invited them to pay a visit. Since they were free, they decided to visit the Yorknorth Mountain. They never thought that they would see Gerald there.

"You know him, Lilian?" one of the girls frowned.

They were judging Gerald by the way he looked and then they glanced at Queta and thought she was as poor as Gerald. They were all not very friendly.

"Of course! He's the high school classmate that I've mentioned yesterday. What a coincidence!" Lilian

sneered.

Lilian was surprised the last time she found out that Gerald knew Yancy at the class gathering. Everyone thought Gerald was finally being advanced but then she soon realized Yancy did not even remember him after the gathering.

When people asked Yancy if he knew who Gerald was, he immediately answered no. Rumour has it that Yancy always acted as if he knew somebody. The last time at the gathering, he must be fooling around with Gerald too.

After Lilian knew that, she felt good for insulting Gerald.

"Is that your girlfriend, Gerald?" Sharon asked.

Gerald then shook his head.

Poor people should find a girlfriend that was equally poor. Looking at the both of them made Sharon feel that they were really cheap.

Sharon felt so ridiculous reminiscing the days that she flirted with Gerald.

"No, this is my best friend!" Gerald said.

"I'd say, even though Queta is poor, she's pretty enough to not be Gerald's girlfriend!" Hayward said. He

knew Queta since young and knew that her foster parents were living at Yorknorth Village.

"Hayward, you know her?"

"Of course! Let me tell you about her..." Hayward whispered to the girls.

The girls looked at Queta even more scornfully.

Queta knew that Hayward was telling them that she was an orphan, a child that nobody wanted. She was holding onto the corner of her shirt tightly because she felt embarrassed.

Gerald grabbed her hand letting her know that he was by her side and said, "Let's get out of here, Queta!"

Gerald did not want to have anything to do with his high school classmates.

"Aw, someone is angry! Since you guys are here, why not have some skewered lamb? I believe you guys have not tasted it before. We need someone to help us with the skewers too. You two should stay!" Lilian sneered as she said.

Lilian just got the idea of having two free laborers that could work for them and it was a waste to not use them.

Gerald ignored them.

"Queta, do you think you should be leaving? Don't you remember who saved your foster parents'

gravestone? We are treating you to a meal and all we need is some help with the skewers!" Hayward

taunted her playfully.

Hayward didn't talk much last time because he didn't have any status. Things have changed now. People