Chapter 701-750

chapter 701
"...it's... him?"

though maia had been notified by warren that gerald was apparently studying here, she hadn't personally seen him till now. seeing him carrying the water bottles instantly caused a look of disdain to form on her face.

while he was now in a different school, he was still the same loser that he was back in high school. to think that he was still being ordered around to carry and distribute water to others!

she didn't even want to know why gerald was now studying at salford university.

meanwhile, the girls from earlier were now surrounding gerald.

"what is the meaning of this?" asked one of the higher-ups.

"manager luke! we've found him! he's the one who donated the five hundred thousand dollars!" said
one of the volunteer girls in admiration.

"...what?"

hearing her words, everyone went silent.

a look of utter shock and disbelief was on everyone's faces, and this was especially so for those
currently standing on stage.

stella herself was awkwardly staring at gerald, as she ended the call just as her father picked up.

even jasmine and mandy found themselves stunned as they continued staring at gerald's direction.

"this... this must be some kind of mistake! it couldn't have been him!" shouted isabelle indignantly,
clearly irked by how gerald had donated much more than fabian.

she simply refused to believe that gerald had that much money to donate in the first place! yet, the truth was now in plain sight.

it had already been announced that the donor was from their class. if neither fabian nor stella's family
had made the donation, then the only possible person left was gerald.

"it's definitely him! it'd be impossible for so many of us to have mistaken him for someone else!"
explained the girls.

"are you really sure? hah! we were both in the same high school and for as long as i've known him, he's always been a poor b*stard! as if he could ever have that large a sum of money on him! you wouldn't get that much money even if you tried to sell him!" said maia hastily.

it was clear that the fact that gerald had donated five hundred thousand dollars had shattered maia's
and many others' egos.

after all, while those on stage had been renowned for being born in rich families, to those who knew him personally, gerald was always just the poor kid.

while maia wore brands like adidas and nike that cost well over a hundred dollars, gerald himself would usually only wear clothes from the dollar store. her superiority complex was so terrible that even if gerald wore a ten dollar shirt, that would be enough to make her feel unsettled.

since maia had donated nine hundred dollars in an event like this, to her, gerald would only have the capability to donate fifty cents or even less!

yet here the volunteers were, claiming that he had donated the five hundred thousand dollars! the claim itself made maia feel nauseous.

it didn't help that the volunteer girls immediately showed the receipt to everyone after that to prove that they were telling the truth!

'how is this even possible? how did he get this rich?!' maia thought to himself.

while gerald had been trying hard to keep his identity a secret, he knew he couldn't really do anything
about it at this point.