Chapter 801-855

Chapter 801
"My word! Since when has the Crawford family assembly become this lax? Can literally anybody
participate and sit wherever they like? Just look at how pathetic this awkward-looking person is!"

Gerald had just finished sending a message to his sister when he heard a woman's voice mocking him. When he turned to look at the woman beside him who had heavy makeup on, she simply rolled her eyes at him.

"Humph! And here I thought that I'd only be able to meet distinguished people after getting married into the famous Crawford family! Never would I have imagined to have to sit at a table here with such a person!" complained the woman loudly, just so Gerald could hear her.

The woman looked down on Gerald so much that she seemed to be embarrassed just having to sit next to him.

"That's quite enough! Watch your mouth. While everyone in the family is wealthy, some people are still
less knowledgeable and insightful than others! Besides, some of us here may have attitudes of an
upstart, so just ignore them!" explained her husband.

It was clear that the rude woman's husband was also feeling slightly embarrassed having to share a table with Gerald. Due to the couple's words, a few others who were sitting at the table began insinuating Gerald as well.

Bethany herself-who was also sitting beside Gerald-frowned before saying, "You're just a lowly actress! What right do you have to criticize those from the Crawford family? Do you lack self-awareness or something?"

"Come again? Who could you possibly be referring to when you said, 'lowly'?" replied the woman coldly
when she heard what Bethany had said.

"Oh, stop with the acting. We all know who she was referring to," said Niki as she too smiled coldly
whole looking at the woman.

To Gerald, it seemed like both parties held grudges against each other.

"That's enough, there's no need to argue with them!" dissuaded her husband.

"Humph! Just look at you! You hardly have any status among the other Crawford family members! These two are just mere girls! Remember the last time we went abroad? While both of them were received in the most distinguished manner possible, we were only seen as important guests! We were just one level below them! As if that wasn't enough, here they are condemning me now! Yet you don't even dare to
speak up against them!" replied his wife in dissatisfaction.

Hearing that, her husband simply sighed.

"It's not like I can help it. It's simply true that their family is ranked higher than mine! Besides, the Crawford family has lots of rules and regulations! The family branches are separated according to our levels, which also represent our seniority! To put simply, imagine a situation where a young master meets his grandfather. Naturally, the young master has to bow when he greets him!" explained the man in resignation.

"Speaking of young masters, do you know the young master of the Crawford family? You need to contact him more since he's the Crawford family's heir!" asked the woman.

At that, the man could only sigh again before replying, "The young master's only returning to the family today... In fact, this family assembly was most probably held specifically for him. How could I possibly know who he is?"

"Humph! Useless! How truly useless!" said the arrogant woman embarrassedly.

Since she had seen Gerald follow Bethany in, the woman was sure that Bethany had allowed such a person to sit at her table just to humiliate her. The more she thought about it, the angrier she became!