Episode 3: The Song In your Heart

Ugh....Why am I still so tired? It's like I didn't get any sleep at all.

After getting a quick shower, I leave the room and go downstairs to meet with Malty and Cloud.

Weirdly, I didn't see Miku after she woke me up. She probably just has other things to attend to. When I went to the lobby, I saw my two party members sitting down and waiting.

(Y/N): Morning girls...

Cloud: Hibiki! Morning~!

Malty: Good morning (Y/N). Slept well?

(Y/N): No, unfortunately.

I sat down and let out a sigh as I closed my eyes.

Malty: Had a nightmare?

(Y/N): No...Just...I just feel exhausted.

She got closer to me and put her hand on my arm as it glowed green.

Malty: Hmm...Well, your not physically exhausted. Your body seems to have been well rested. But I can't tell how your tired.

I sigh again before sitting up.

(Y/N): Well, can't just sit around and fall back to sleep. We need to make progress.

Malty: Right.

Miku: Maybe I could help you, hero.

I look over and see Miku carrying a tray with a tea set on it. She set it down and pours a cup for the three of us.

Miku: This should help wake you up and get you energized.

Malty: Oh my. It smells good already.

I picked up and cup and brought it to my lips. I blow it slightly before taking a sip.

(Y/N): ....Wow. It is really good.

Miku: Thank you hero. I got the tea leaves myself. It takes time to wait for them to grow, so I found a special place in the forest that-

Malty: Alright! I'm energized and ready to go!

Malty put down her empty cup and stood up and stretched.

Miku seemed....Annoyed.

I put my own cup down and stood up.

(Y/N): Yeah. We still need to finish Whitemane's quest. We can't waste time before those waves appear.

With that, the three of us exit the inn. Getting a deep breath, I'm already starting to feel energized.

Cloud: What's to do first?

(Y/N): Well, we should scout the dragon's cave. We need to know what we're fighting against.

Plus, I do want to explore deeper in the forest. When I went closer, I felt something. Well, more so heard it.

When we reached the forest entrance, a message popped up.

"Warning!"
"High value target in Area"
"Proceed with caution"

Hight value target? Wonder who that could be...Anyway, we walked down a trail.

Malty: Hey (Y/N), I want to ask you something.

(Y/N): Sure. What is it?

Malty: About your world. What's it like? How different is it from ours?

(Y/N): Well, over there nobody has powers. And we don't have slimes or dragons or a floating kingdom.

Malty: So what *does* it have? It seems kinda boring already.