Episode 17: Innocent Hero

Things have been...weird lately. Malty has been avoiding me, Mary is more silent then usual, Cloud is out around the village alot, Okita is jumpy...more then...well I guess that's one thing that hasn't really changed.

Then there's Shirabe, who I rarely see now...

I'm being left out of something...I want to know how I can help them...

But, I guess I should focus on helping myself first. I'm been trying to understand more about my weapon. It comes from my body and covers up to my elbows. So, I've practiced on how long I can keep it active.

It actually strains my body when I activate it and when it's active. So, endurance training it was.

I took time to do things with it active. Running, push-ups, sit-ups and anything I can think of. I even found out that I can take the armor off of them, leaving what seems like sleeves.

And it hit me...

The sleeves don't hurt me, but my actual weapon does... So, it just became my having my sleeves active at all times. And it also means summoning my weapon is easier as well.

And soon....Having it out was just natural.

But now was the real problem, the reality of my situation. My curse. More specificly, my memory.

I think I understand why everyone acts so weird around me. Overtime, my memory of the cave incident started coming back. It's like they were blocked off...

Then I noticed something when I opened my status menu.

"Dáinsleif's Curse Time remaining: 00:01:50"

I'd assume that this debuff is what caused me to lose my memories temporarily.

....

...From what I know, I did this twice already. The first time wasn't that long, I don't think I had a debuff back then. But now I have it...

Maybe it was because it was longer? I don't know.

The more I think about this curse, the more frustrating it gets. So, I go to the only person I can think to talk to this about...

---------------------------------------------------------

After I finished my walk, I headed up to the hidden temple in the mountains. I walk in and see the statue still in the middle. I walk up to it and stand Infront of it. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

(Y/N): Shirabe...I want to talk.

Shirabe: Then speak. If it's not important, then leave.

(Y/N): It's about my weapon...Well, not my weapon. It's about my curse.

She scoffed at me.

(Y/N): I think I know what it is. What it does to me.

Shirabe: Oh really?

(Y/N): Yes, I do.

Shirabe: I find that hard to believe. One moment your this up and coming hero, and now you think you know everything about the world.

(Y/N): Not the world. But I think I know more about me, about the weapon connected to me is.

Shirabe: I don't believe you.

She turned her back to me.

(Y/N): Well, how confident are you that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Shirabe: The possibility that you know what your talking about is...100%...

...So she was putting up a front.