Episode 16: Innocent Smile

Miku: So this should work right?

Shirabe: In theory, it should.

Malty: And if it doesn't?

Shirabe: Then I have already prepared for the worse.

Malty: That doesn't make me feel better!

We were all standing outside the temple entrance. The plan is...not as simple as I'd like. Shirabe wanted me to try and bring forth (Y/N)'s curse. And the way to do that is to... basically cause a second "heart destruction".

Shirabe: Hey! I can tell what your thinking. Your not causing a second heart destruction. Your trying to bring her close to it, but not over the edge.

Malty: You say that like it's easy.

Shirabe: It will be.

Mary: It will not.

Shirabe: Oi! I'm never wrong in my judgements. That I am 100% sure of.

I groan and straight my hair. I just have to use my words....

....

...I'm scared...

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I get a good stretch in before leaving the room to go meet with everyone. I shouldn't keep them long. We need to find the next Dragon Hourglass before it gets too late.

As I enter into the main entrance, I past by the statue of Shirabe. I still find it weird that I can't tell if this is the actual statue or it's her.

Like I know that it's true both ways but I'm always on edge that she'll just move when my back is turned.

....

I thought she just moved. Just to spite me. I swear that-

Malty: (Y/N)...

I come from my thoughts and turn twords Malty at the cave entrance. I walked up to her while rubbing my neck.

(Y/N): Sorry sorry~. Shirabe being able to turn into a statue still freaks me out.

Even at my lite joke, the aura around her doesn't lessen. I get worried and put my hand on her shoulder.

(Y/N): Is something wrong Malty?

Malty: (Y/N)....Why do you use your curse?

...???...

(Y/N): My...curse? I never used my curse. I don't even know how to use it.

Malty: But you did use it. When you were fighting that beast in the cave...

(Y/N): No...No I didn't....Malty are you okay?

I really don't know what she's talking about. I don't remember anything like that happening.

(Y/N): Hey, if something's wrong, then you can tell me.

She stared at me and put her hand on top of mine. She closed her eyes and let out a heavy breath.

Malty: It's...nothing. Just paranoia...

I pull her into a hug.

(Y/N): Well, I'm safe and sound, so you don't have anything to worry about.

I feel her hug me tighter.

Malty: ...Promise me that you'll never leave me.

(Y/N): You have my word.

Malty: I mean it (Y/N)... Don't leave me.