Chapter 4: My Heart that Beats...

Malty: Ugh! She's late again!

After wondering around the forest for many many hours, me and Cloud returned to the city. Hibiki hasn't come back yet, like when she went into the forest and didn't come back until late.

Cloud: Umm...Malt?

Huh?...Malt?

Malty: Malt?

Cloud: Yeah. It's a nickname I came up with for you. Malt and Biki!

....Huh. Cute.

Malty: I like it. And I'm sure (Y/N) will like her nickname too.

I see her smile before hearing someone call out.

(Y/N): Yo! I'm back!

I stand up from the fountain and walk up to her, slightly pissed. But then, I see the woman with her.

Malty: Huh? Who is that?

(Y/N): Oh, her? This is-

???: You may call me Mary, little one.

I get a good look at her now. She's tall....like very very tall. Well...She looks like an adventurer. So I guess it's fine. I'll trust (Y/N)'s judgement.

Malty: So, how did you two meet?

(Y/N): Oh, about that-

Mary: Sorry, but it's personal.

(Y/N): ...Y-Yeah, what she said.

Hmmm....Well, alright. I told myself I'd trust her.

Malty: Well, let's get back to the inn and rest. We just need one more person before we can enter that cave.

The two nod and walk twords the inn. Cloud followed behind. I tail behind them all.

This...Mary person...I know I can't judge them by face value... that's what got me into that situation with the shield hero...But still, I'm not really liking this.

What also bugs me is that she's able to walk with her eyes closed.

.... I'll try and talk to her tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------

After I managed to get Cloud to fall asleep, I walk up to her room and knock on her door. After a few seconds, that maid girl opened it.

Miku: Ah, Princess Malty. I was just finishing up my duties.

Malty: No no, it's fine. I'm just here to talk with (Y/N).

Miku: Then, do not let me disturb you. Have a good night, princess.

She bows before walking past me. I entered the room and closed the door behind me. And this place looks...almost like my room at the castle. To think the innkeeper had a place like this here. No wonder it cost so much.

I see Hibiki sitting on her bed. She must be using her Status magic. I wonder what she sees sometimes.

When I walked closer to her, she looked at me with the corner of her eye.

(Y/N): Malty? What do you need?

Malty: Nothing, nothing. Just wanting to talk about our next move.

I sit next to her after she moved over.

(Y/N): What did you want to talk about?

Malty: Well, first off, you broke your promise.

(Y/N): Okay okay, I know I did. But It was because of Mary.