Episode 21: Wilted Flower

(Y/N): Itsuki, just calm down.

Itsuki: Calm down!? How the hell am I going to be calm about this?!

(Y/N): Itsuki, we understand, but your anger is clouding your judgement.

Itsuki: How would you feel if that was Malty in her place?

Ren: Itsuki, stop. You need to calm down first over anything.

Itsuki: There's no way I can be calm about this! I lost someone who's been with me the longest....I just...

Ren: It's hard to comprehend, I get it. But, you need to focus.

Motoyasu: Yeah. Did you not see her when she died? She turned into blue smoke like any other monster.

Yeah she did...wait that wasn't the best thing to say!

Itsuki: ....What...Did...You...Say?

Motoyasu: You know, the mist. Like when you kill a monster. They turn into her same blue mist.

Itsuki: So...your saying that...her death was irrelevant?

Motoyasu: Well I'm not saying that, but you need to get the bigger picture. We're not from this world. She just...up and vanished basically.

(Y/N): So your saying their just like an NPC?

Motoyasu: Well, we are basically in a game world. If things die, they just vanish. Monsters will respawn, but I guess that people are scripted. I'm just saying that-

I quickly whistle sound was heard in the room. In a second, an arrow was in Motoyasu's shoulder. My head quickly turned to look at Itsuki. He had his bow drawn, and the look in his eye was not that of the gentle soul I thought he was. Ren, in turn, drew his sword.

Ren: The hell is wrong with you!?

Itsuki: What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with that blonde airhead!? These people aren't just some NPCs! Their not pawns! Their people!

Motoyasu: When will you understand that we are fighting for our lives! We're not like them! We're not following some linear code!

He pulls the arrow from his shoulder.

Motoyasu: We bleed red! When Elice died, she didn't bleed! You didn't see blood! That proves that she isn't like us!

Itsuki: You don't know that! Have you seen anyone else die? If not, then shut up!

(Y/N): Both of you, stop!

I got between the boys and held my arms out to try and prevent any other attacks.

(Y/N): We're not supposed to fight each other. We're allies.

Itsuki: If you think I'm gonna stay allies with someone who doesn't care for these people, then I'm out.

He puts his bow on his back and walks out the room. Motoyasu broke the arrow in his hand before holding his shoulder.

Motoyasu: The fuck is wrong with him?

(Y/N): What's wrong with him? What's wrong with you? You didn't have to say what you did.

Motoyasu: Oh, so your gonna take his side huh?

(Y/N): I'm not taking any side. I'm being responsible.

Motoyasu: Well, you can be reasonable with the dirt under my shoes. You know what? Forget it. I'm going solo.

He stomped out the room. I sigh sadly and sit down and hold my head.

Ren: (Y/N), what do you think?

(Y/N): What I think? You actually care?