Episode 18: Wave of Casualty, Prelude

Shirabe: The skill itself is quite useful, only when used in dire situations.

(Y/N): I see. Then using it during the next wave should be the perfect time.

Shirabe: Did you not hear me. I said dire. Not just as a everyday use skill.

She waved her hand and moved one of the floating rocks twords me. I jump from the one I'm on and land on it before sprinting to another one.

As she's trained me, not only has my stats improved, but I improved as well. I've gotten stronger, faster and became better all around.

And this new gear isn't as bad as I thought. It's super light weight and doesn't restrict me as much. Using this gear had made me realize that my normal equipment is super bulky and is counterproductive. I have close range weapons, I can't have gear that will slow me down.

As Shirabe throws another rock my way, I kick it back at her. She easily stopped it with her hand. I landed on it and looked down at her.

(Y/N): So? How was that?

Shirabe: Ever improving.

She floated up to my height as I did some stretches.

(Y/N): What's next?

Shirabe: Nothing.

....Eh?

(Y/N): Nothing? What do you mean?

Shirabe: I've taught you all I've known. Now, it's time to prove that it's all not wasted.

She started floating away. I quickly followed after her as we decend the mountain. As we do, I put my normal gear back on.

When we get past the clouds, my Status sends me a notification.

It's a message from Ren...

...Wait a message?

////////////////////////////////////////

Ren: Hey, we found the Dragon Hourglass. Me and Itsuki are already here.

Ren: I don't know if you actually found it yet or not, but it gave us this ability.

Ren: If your seeing this, then you probably already know that.

Ren: I'll add Itsuki in a sec.

////////////////////////////////////////

Woah... that's actually neat. So we'll be able to talk with each other no matter where we are. I didn't think we could do that.

...Wait...The Dragon Hourglass gave it to them?

Then how do I have it?

Shirabe: Something up?

I'm brought out of my thoughts and look to Shirabe. I noticed that I had stopped walking.

(Y/N): Oh...I was just talking with Ren.

She only nods before waving her hand.

Shirabe: I'll wait for you down in the village.

She continued down the path. I decided to sit on the edge and open my Status again. I should send a response.

////////////////////////////////////////

(Y/N): Hey, I can see your messages. But I never went to the hourglass.