Episode 15: Forgotten History

Malty: I've been meaning to ask, but what does the Curse Series even do? It's a curse, I get it, but how powerful even is it?

Shirabe: Very. And very deadly. To the user and those around them.

We were walking through the mineshaft, following Shirabe. I'm kinda in the lead with her to provide light.

Cloud: Why is it so dark? Is there no natural light?

Shirabe: Black Hound's ability makes a dark fog in it's area. That way it's hard to see it and everything around you. That's how it gets the surprise on you.

The cave shakes violently, causing small rocks to fall from the ceiling.

Shirabe: We must hurry. If her back gets put against a wall then she might think of using it.

We pick up our pace. The shaking gets stronger the further down we go. Soon, we reach a wall of rocks. It seems like a part of the cave had collapsed.

Malty: She's probably through here. But how do we get past?

Shirabe: That's easy.

She walks Infront of me and raised her arms. The rocks get covered in a pink energy. She swings her arms as the rocks fly free.

Shirabe: Let us continue. We walk deeper, following the path that was freed from the rocks.

Miku: How common is it for the Curse Series to awaken?

Shirabe: It all depends. The person's current mindset, the situation and many other things. It also depends on the previous heros.

Malty: Previous heros effect this?

Shirabe: Obviously. The more the Curse Series is awakened, the easier it is to awaken again. It's like learning magic. The more you cast a spell, the easier it becomes. To the point where you could have a spell casting passively.

Malty: ....Huh? Wait you can do that?

She looks up at me and just stared. I averted my eyes.

Malty: W-what? I'm not that high class of a mage yet.

Shirabe: ....Noted.

We stopped walking as the ground shock...no, the whole cave shock.

Mary: We're getting closer.

Shirabe: No, we're actually already here.

I look around, but it's just the rest of the tunnel Infront, behind and around us.

Malty: Uhh...I don't think-

She suddenly walked forward and held out her hand and made a hole appear in the wall.

Malty: ...Okay how did you-

Mary: Bounded Field. A special magical barrier that can obscure locations or objects.

Wow...so much about magic I didn't know about...Mom never told me shit other then the basics...

We walked past the bounded field and we see a waterfall and a stream.

I walk closer and look into the water to see crystals. They seem to have formed for maybe hundreds of years.

Malty: Wow...Look at these...Their so beautiful.

Shirabe: ....Odd...have I lead us astray?...No. This is the only place they could be...

Cloud: Water!!

Cloud ran twords the stream and jumped in. She stayed underwater for a bit before coming up.

Cloud: Ahh~. Refreshing~...