Episode 10: Flames of White

After waking up and putting my gear on, I prepare to go talk with the king. Before I leave, I look back and see Malty still sleeping. I kiss her forehead before leaving her room.

I head downstairs and pass by the dinning hall where I hear conversation going on.

Motoyasu: I'm telling you dude! What if we got cursed too?

Ren: I'm not saying your wrong. I'm just saying that it's unlikely. We weren't touched by it's flames. We should be fine.

Itsuki: D-didn't Motoyasu have to carve open it's stomach to get Hibiki's arm?

Ren: That...Well, it fell out afterwards. And he made sure to wrap it first. So he should be fine.

Motoyasu: I don't know man. I'm feeling a little...

He starts growling and moving twords Ren.

Ren: Oi! Cut that out!

I sigh and push the door open more.

(Y/N): The hell are you three doing?

They stop and look at me. Motoyasu quickly ran up to me and grabbed my shoulders.

Motoyasu: (Y/N)! Are you alright?

Itsuki: H-how are you feeling?

(Y/N): Hey, chill out guys. I'm fine. No need to worry.

Ren: (Y/N).

Motoyasu backed away as Ren walked up to me.

Ren: Are you sure that your alright? What we saw...your body almost seemed like it was burning up.

(Y/N): To be honest, it did feel like that when I came too. But, everything between when I was put in that Shield Prison and when I woke up is all blank. I'm not too sure what happened myself.

Itsuki: Really? Nothing at all?

(Y/N): Nope. Not a thing... It's weird.

Ren: Well, whatever happened, let's hope it never happens again.

Motoyasu: True to that. Anyway, Since your up, then Malty must be up yeah?

(Y/N): No, she's still asleep. She used a lot of energy to heal me, so she needs the rest.

Itsuki: So what are your plans now, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Don't know. Probably go elsewhere after Malty wakes up.

Itsuki: Do you have any other party members? I know you have Cloud still right?

Ren: Cloud?

(Y/N): It's a friend I met on my journey. Their not really into fighting.

Motoyasu: I get it. Not everyone is a fighter. Anyway, I should be going.

He stretched and grabbed his spear.

Ren: Where are you off too?

Motoyasu: Well, we can't just sit around. We gotta get stronger for those waves.

Ren sighed before he nodded.

Ren: You are right. We'll I'll be going as well.

Itsuki: Same here. See you around (Y/N)!

The three then leave. With them gone, I take a deep breath and let it out before leaving the dinning hall and heading towards the throne room. I need to talk to the king about this arranged marriage and get Malty out of it... hopefully.

---------------------------------------------------------

When I enter the throne room, I see the king talking to someone. Their wearing all black, which puts me a bit on edge.