Episode 7: Wave of Calamity, Strike

(Y/N): Malty, are you sure we have the time for this. The sky is getting... unnervingly red.

Malty: We still have time...I hope at least. But, where we're going is going to be helpful to you.

I continue following Malty. We left the town a while ago to go to this church. What church? No clue. But she said it had this "Dragon Hourglass". She said she never saw it herself, only heard about it.

I look down at my left hand. I focus and summon my weapon. It stung a bit, but I'll get used to it. I mentally cringe when I see all the metal and pieces rise from my skin. How come the other four don't have to deal with this?

Malty: We're here.

I look up at the structure. So this is where the Dragon Hourglass is.....

(Y/N): Let's hurry. If this can calm my nerves even slightly, then it'll help.

Malty: I'll wait out here for you.

(Y/N): Huh? Your not coming in?

Malty: W-well, I could...but....Well...

Ah, I think I get it.

(Y/N): I get it. Don't worry, I'll make it quick.

She nods and just sit on a bench to the side. I sigh and put away my weapon before entering. No need to have it out if this is supposed to be a neutral field.

I walk down a long hall before reaching a massive room. And I guess that's it. The hourglass....Wait....oh no. That can't be-

(Y/N): Naofumi....

The light that came from the hourglass stopped as he turned to me.

Naofumi: Oh... it's you.

???: Oh, hello there! Are you a friend of mister Naofumi?

(Y/N): Mister Naofumi?

Naofumi: Don't worry about her. What are you doing here anyway?

(Y/N): Come here to see this thing. Malty said it'll help me.

He groans and shakes his head.

Naofumi: Still hanging around her? Listen, she's just gonna do what she did to me.

(Y/N): Oh yeah? And how am I supposed to believe you when YOU made the first move apparently.

Naofumi: No I didn't!....And there's no proof that it ever happened either.

....Wait...

Naofumi: Think about that for a while.

???: Huh? I think I'm not understanding.

Naofumi: Don't worry about it Raphtalia.

(Y/N): Raphtalia? You managed to get a party member?

Naofumi: Yeah? What about it?

(Y/N): Nothing nothing...Just....Hey wait...

....Oh her chest....No way. Did he also-

Motoyasu: Well well well...If it isn't the Shield Hero....Oh and hey Hibiki. Long time no see!

(Y/N): Motoyasu....Your party got big.

Motoyasu: What can I say? Chicks dig the cool heroes...Unlike some people. Not you of course.

I hear Naofumi groan again.

Motoyasu: Anyway, who's she? One of your party members?

Raphtalia: My name is Raphtalia. I'm part of Mister Naofumi's party.