Episode 14: Mad Black Dog

After a few days of travel, we finally arrived and Riyute Village.

Malty: Finally made it! Now, no time to waste. Mary, where is this maiden you spoke of?

Mary: She would be in the temple on the mountains. But, I will have to go there first.

(Y/N): Wait why?

Mary: Like I have said. Getting a meeting with her is... difficult in this age. So, I must go and discuss an agreement.

I sigh and rub my head.

Mary: Very sorry to not inform you about that.

(Y/N): It's fine. Just try to make it quick. We'll try and find a place to stay for the night while your busy.

She nods and bows to me before setting off. I turn to my party to address them.

(Y/N): Alright girls, me and Malty are going to go look for an Inn or possibly a place for us to stay. Cloud, Okita and Miku, you guys can go around and do your own thing.

Miku: There is a statue in the middle of the city. Let's meet up there in about an hour yes?

(Y/N): Good idea. Alright, meet at the statue in an hour.

The three nod before going their own way.

Malty: Look at you, taking the role as leader.

(Y/N): Kinda have too. Anyway, let's start looking for an Inn.

She nods and follows close beside me.

Malty: ...We look cute together, don't we?

(Y/N): ?? You said something?

Malty: Nope. Nothing. Don't worry about it...

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After reaching a certain point up the mountain, I feel along the rocks before my hand passes through a part. I walk through the illusion and into the shrine in the cave. I walk deeper before reaching the base of a statue and kneeled down. I took off my blindfold and pray. After a few seconds, I feel a presence Infront of me.

???: Mary, it's nice to see you again. You don't look a day older.

Mary: You look as always my lady. It's a pleasure to reveal yourself to me.

???: What can I do for you darling?

Mary: The hero has returned. As my letter states, they are in need of your assistance.

Silence. Then, I hear her sigh.

???: First, I must see who I'm working with. Bring her here.

Mary: Yes my lady.

I put back in my blindfold and stand up. Before I turn away, I feel her hand rub my blindfold.

???: This is impressive silk. And it's enchanted. So you can see without using your Mystic Eyes?

Mary: Correct, my lady. It was made by Lady Crane.

???: I see. Next time you see her, make sure you thank her extensively.

Mary: I already have, my lady.

???: I shouldn't keep you longer. Bring the hero, post haste.

I bow to her before leaving the hidden shrine and start my return to the village.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After about an hour, we all meet up at the statue as promised. Getting a look at the statue, nature has taken over it and most of it is broken off. Also, it's face is broken and covered in moss, so it's hard to describe who this person is.