Episode 13: Back on The Trail

Crane: Are you sure you'll be alright.

Malty: Relax Crane. I'll be fine! I have (Y/N) with me.

I finish fixing my hair, putting it into a ponytail. I put my sword on my hip and adjust my armor.

Crane: Don't try to push yourself. Remember that you have a team. Put faith and trust in them. Call upon them in your time of need.

I chuckle and pat her shoulder.

Malty: I know, Crane. And don't worry. We're gonna stop the waves and be back before you know it.

We hug for a bit. I'm gonna miss her, but I know I'll see her again.

Cloud: Malt! Come come on! Let's go go go!

Cloud had ran into my room before running away. We pulled away and shared a laugh before we follow her. We leave the Inn and see Mary and Okita taking with Lady Whitemane.

Whitemane: It'll be dangerous going that far. You sure this will work?

Mary: Not positively. But I can hope.

Okita: We need to do this. For master.

Apparently, while I was recovering, (Y/N) had done some training with Okita. Now, the once shy girl is ready to face the world....Kinda reminds me of myself.

Cloud has also in term gotten stronger. She had gotten more control over her human body, being able to use her slime abilities in that form. She reached the perfect balance she was wanting. And she's been happier then before.

Everyone seems to have improved in my absence. It's a wonderful thing to see.

Whitemane: Before you go Okita, here. A farewell gift.

A Crusade Guard walked up with something in his hands. It looks like a sword, but It's wrapped, only leaving it's handle seen.

She takes in her hands and examines the cloth. She starts unsheathing the sword, but Whitemane quickly stopped her.

Whitemane: Only use this blade when absolutely necessary.

Okita: H-huh? But why?

Whitemane: You'll understand in time. But now is not that time.

She nods before strapping it to her back.

Malty: Alright. Is everyone ready to go?

Cloud: Wait! Biki isn't here!

....Huh?...Yeah, where is she?

Malty: Maybe she's already waiting for us. Come on girls.

The four of us head twords the north of town and to the gate. There I saw her talking with that maid, Miku.

As we approched, they turned and looked at us.

(Y/N): There you guys are. You ready?

Mary: Let us make haste. I have already sent a message detailed about our arrival. We have no time to waste.

Malty: Miku, why are you here?

Miku: Oh. Well, we were just talking, and she asked if I wanted to come with you guys.

Huh? Wait she did?

Malty: You did?

(Y/N): Well, yeah. I figure we could use more hands in battle.

Malty: Wait, is the inkeeper okay with you coming along?

Miku: I had already asked him. He said he was fine with it!