Episode 19: Wave of Casualty, Strike (Part 1)

The time approches...

The time of the second wave. If we had to deal with a dragon the first time...

I fear for what could come now. They only get stronger from here... And it doesn't help that I get a bad feeling whenever I watch the timer count down.

I just can't help but be nervous.

Motoyasu: Earth to (Y/N). You good?

I snap from my thoughts and look at him. The four of us are gathered to discuss a strategy.

Motoyasu: You've been spacing out a lot. You doing okay?

Itsuki: Y-yeah. Is something on your mind?

(Y/N): Alot of things. Mostly about what Malty had told me in the past. About how most heroes can't even get past the second wave. So...in all honesty...

Ren: Your scared. If so, you can just tell us.

Itsuki: Yeah. We're in this together. We're a team.

(Y/N): ....Yes, I am scared. But, I'm not just scared about that...I'm scared of myself.

Ren: Yourself?

(Y/N): ...You guys haven't unlocked your Curse Series yet?

They look between themselves...But they all shake their heads.

Then...guess I'm the only one...That makes everything make less sense...

(Y/N): Guess you all had an anchor.

Motoyasu: Anchor? Anchor for what?

(Y/N): ...Nevermind. Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Ren: Right.

I stand up and walk twords them and look at the map on the table between us.

Ren: I'll lead and attack from the front. From what we saw from last time, they seem to have a formation.

Itsuki: In that case, I'll have my team support you from the rear. Motoyasu and (Y/N) will attack from the sides.

Motoyasu: I'll be counting on you Hibiki!

(Y/N): Likewise. Although, we need a secondary plan. There is potentially a final boss to the wave.

Ren: True. Then, whoever meets it first will send a message.

(Y/N): Any info on what it could be?

Ren: I haven't found anything.

Itsuki: Neither have I?

Motoyasu: I've heard rumors about it being a fallen hero, but I'm not too sure.

Ren: I wouldn't find it hard to believe, but I also don't see it possible.

(Y/N): I'll go and ask Shirabe about that. Maybe she could know.

Ren: You had said that she knew of the first hero. Did you find anything about them?

(Y/N): No. She doesn't like to talk about it. Although, sometimes I catch her saying Kanade. I think it's a name for one of them.

Motoyasu: Kanade? I have a Kanade back in my world. Although, those two wouldn't be similar.

Itsuki: Odd thing to bring up.

Motoyasu: It was just timing.

As the boys kept talking, I got up and left our small meeting room. I stretch my arms as I look to the sky. The red 'X' is slowly getting bigger.

I sigh and rub my neck. I'm dreading the moment...

I walk down the hall and to the main room of the inn.