Phone call

As soon as I get home I run up to my room but I don't forget to jump over the creaking steep. I shut my door to my room then I take out my phone and the note, I press the numbers carefully. But when the moment to press call comes my hands are shaking a bit, but then I take a deep breath and get the courage to press the call button. And I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say when the person on the other line answers the phone.
"Hannah?" I hear James voice through the phone.
"Yeah" I say to him with a nervous tone.
"Look..." He begins but then stop and I hear him sigh. "I'm really sorry for ignoring you today I know it was stupid I just..." He stops again and I feel that he is hesitant to say something but then he speaks up again. "It's just that Tony said that you had killed someone at your old school and that I should stay away from you, but of course he is lying right?" He says through the phone sounding a bit embarrassed for believing that. But on the other side of the phone I'm sitting on my bed completely frozen.
"Hannah?" He asks sounding a bit concerned. But I just sit there completely stunned then I hang up the phone without a word.

I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. What just happened? How did this "Tony" get that information? And what should I say to James?