Fake smile

When morning came I had red and puffy eyes from all the crying, I hadn't slept that night. I just wanted to lay down on the floor and cry but all my tears were gone, there was no more tears to cry. I sighed then put on the best smile I had then walk ed out of my room.
"Hi!" I say happily when I come down to the kitchen. My brother raised an eyebrow at me.
"Someone's happy" He said then would go back to his breakfast. It didn't take long for me to eat a small bowl of cereal, pack my bag then start walking to school. As soon as I walked out of the house my fake smile dropped and i when back to the emotionless face. I started to come closer to the bus stop and I saw some kids there, they probably were in 4th grade or something. But when I got closer I put on the fake smile like I did at breakfast that day. I sit down on the bench and would wait for the bus, my hands in my pockets and a big smile on my face.

When I get to school I was surprised to see James waiting for me at the entrance to the school. When he sees me he would raise an eyebrow.
"Someone is happy" He says and would start to walk with me to our first class.
"Yeah I guess so" I say and continue to hold the fake smile. I still got some weird stares but I ignored them and would smile at everyone who glared at me. I never meant the smile but I didn't care anymore to be honest.

The day went by fast but James kept shooting glances over at me and every time I was smiling widely. I felt how happy he was that I was smiling and it made the day a bit easier as both of us was still avoiding the fact that he had kissed me yesterday. But at the bed of the day James put a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, can we talk?" James said his tone was a bit unsure but he was still having his normal confidence.
"Sure! What's up?" I said and stopped and would turn to him and give him a wide smile.
"Are you okay?" He asked with a small concerned frown on his face.
"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" I say and keep smiling at him but the smile gets a bit unsure.
"Because you are smiling a lot more today and it's not like you" He said the concerned frown never leaving his face.
"What can't a girl be happy now" I say in a joking matter.
"Of course I just wanted to see if you were okay" He said and would replace the concern led frown with a slight smile. And I smile back then hug him.
"I'm so happy that I have you as a friend" I mumble to him as I hug him, James was surprised by the hug but soon gave in and hugged my back. I pulled away after a while and smiled at him not saying a single word more before I leave him there and being to go home again.