Chapter 5

Next Morning Kang Byeol woke up and got ready hurriedly and started to do a work out. She decided to go up and down the stairs for 8 minutes. While running up and down the owner saw her and greeted her. 

Seeing the owner Byeol greeted her and said, “Good morning ma’am, just wait here, I shall bring the amount and my stamp to sign the papers.” The owner smiled and said, “Okay then come to my house, I live in the unit 201.” 

Byeol signed the contract papers after reading and gave her the money. She then went down so she could go to the hospital. She sat on her bike and went off. On the way seeing a porridge restaurant she went in and ordered a simple porridge. 

She sat down and saw Eun Jae and Woo Jin already eating breakfast. She greeted them and they greeted back. Eun Jae was about to call her to sit with them.

Byeol after greeting them went to sit a little afar thinking to give them privacy. After eating quickly she left. Eun Jae seeing her leave said, “Doesn’t Byeol seem very distant?” 

Woo Jin nodded and said, “Well she does like talking less, but who cares she does her job right, you know I was tense whether she would be a good intern or not, her talking less good for me.” 

Eun Jae looked worried about that fact and said, “Well I hope that doesn’t create any problem. Nurse Eom says, because of her few patients have died due to her carelessness. I’m worried that you will have to face trouble due to her.” Woo Jin nodded and said, “Let’s worry about the things we don't know fully later and get going.”

The day at Doldam started small injury patients started to arrive. Byeol seeing Kim SaBu and greeted him with a respectful bow. Everyone seeing that looked at her with confusion. But soon went on with their day.

Just like that six days went on. And everyday Byeol found ways to be close with Mr. Kim so she could learn from him. Yong Joo noticing that turned around ad said, “Intern Min, who do you work under?” 

Byeol answered, “Senior Soo Woo Jin.” Mr. Kim nodded and said, “Then go to him, don't follow me.” Byeol looked at him with sad eyes, but she nodded and went to Woo Jin.

Byeol had no problem with Woo Jin, he was a great teacher, (if you can learn by seeing things. He was the type of the guy who wouldn’t teach you anything unless you asked him.)

The day ended and Byeol decided to talk with Woo Jin, regarding her wish to learn from Kim SaBu.

Going to him she said, “Senior, can you follow me for a second?” Woo Jin nodded and they went outside the ER. Byeol then cleared her throat, she was scared to ask about what she had in her mind.

She stood there silently. Seeing her not speaking Woo Jin said, “Why did you call me?” Byeol gathering courage said, “Umm well Senior, don’t get me wrong, actually if you don’t mind I would like to learn from Kim SaBu, you didn’t do anything wrong, nor are you a bad doctor, it’s just that I want to learn from him, if you don’t mind can I go learn from him? Please?” 

Woo Jin hearing this started laughing, he totally understood why she wanted to learn from him. But then he got serious and said, “Well why do you want to learn from him?” 

Byeol with determination answered, “I want to learn how to work that fast, so I can save more patients.” Woo Jin nodded and said, “Well I’m okay with that but isn’t it too soon for you to think about that, but anyways I will have to talk with him about this matter, if he accepts you can work under him.” 

Hearing this Byeol bowed and said, “Thank you so much!! If you think it’s too early for me to learn from him, I shall prove you, that I’m worthy of it. I will take my leave now.” Saying that Byeol happily walked to the GS room so she could change and go home. 

Woo Jin who saw an excited Byeol walk away smiled. Eun Jae came to him and asked, “What did she say?” Woo Jin smiling replied, “She asked if she could go under the teacher and learn from him, I said I will talk to him so she went away happily.” 

Eun Jae nodded and said, “So let's go home? We are done for the day.” Woo Jin nodded and said, “Yeah let’s go.”

Byeol went to buy groceries to make dinner. After that she reached home, eating dinner, getting freshen up she started her practice. She started to practice Mr. Kim’s way of stitching. She decided that first she will prove that she is worthy to learn under Mr. Kim.

She practiced for an hour, she already improved a lot, but it wasn’t as close as Mr. Kim. She then decided to continue the next day and went to sleep. 

The next day after running up and down the stairs she went off to the hospital after getting ready for the day and having breakfast. 

Today was Friday again! The day Byeol wished she could get to treat patients, she thought today might finally be her day to show off her skills. And to her luck it was. 

After around 20 minutes of reaching the hospital, they got a call, a bus had an accident. The bus had around 35 patients. 15 patients with minor injuries, 12 patients needed medical care and first aid. While 8 patients including the bus driver had major injuries and needed emergancy medical support.

The people were sent to near by hospital. But the eight people were arriving at Doldam with 5 more semi urgent patients. 

Everyone got ready. They even had the OT ready because this was an urgent case.