Eight | 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

"Your always so hungry, sweet girl." Leah teased, lightly thumping the cheek of her daughter as they rested against some tree at the park. She had arrived at the Cullens when the sun was just beginning to rise, so now the sun was beginning to set in the most beautiful way possible leaving a long-lasting calming effect on the once stressed-out woman. She had decided that enough was enough for the baby to begin to turn red from all the squealing they had been doing for the last few hours they'd been playing around. The money Esme had left her had gone for some small sandwiches and a glass of water, which lead to them now sitting underneath a tree and relaxing together.

"I keep calling you baby, I'm sure you have a name...or at least I need to find one for you." for if the child did have a name, it was impossible to know it now for, she didn't even know who possibility their parents could be. She also felt bad for some reason when it came to naming this little one for this name would be something permanent and she didn't want to mess it up. "How about a nickname while I try and think for a good name for you?" She tapped the base of the bottle, cooing at the way the baby's eyes crinkle in adoration as she attempted to smile back with the bottle in her mouth.

"Nothing stupid, or crazy." She mused, growing up she had the dumbest nicknames looking back on it. Her name was short and sweet already, so there was no need for a nickname, but her parents were determined to give her one whether she wanted it or not. While she thought, she chewed on her sandwich, the food at this cafe was good she'll give them that along with the price being a big plus. She'll have to come back, but maybe when her hands aren't so full of emotional and physical baggage.

"Honeybun? Sweetie? Babygirl? Lovely? Bunny?" She listed off, going off the few nicknames she remembered her father giving her when she was young. The child in her arms remained still, suckling slowly as if disappointed with the choices she presented.... she sucked at naming things, for crying out loud her nickname for Rebecca was Caca at one point in her life and she flushed thinking of how embarrassing it was to only be able to come up with that despite the woman loving the little nickname a little too much.

"No." She sighed, at the end of the day she wasn't really in a rush really, she had all the time in the world and if she didn't come up with a worthy enough nickname then that was fine also. "We have all the time in the world." Another cool, she started to understand why all the mothers were constantly swooning at the sight of their babies, for this little one was truly precious all misty eyed from being drowsy. She had been playing all day and now a nap was in due...but having her sleep out in this cold wasn't going to be good no matter how warm the child seemed to be.

She wondered if Esme would come back to get them if she called despite her saying they would go to the police station so that little girl would be taken cared of...she didn't want to hand her off yet, she was scared, and she knew there was no chance in hell that she would see her again so she fearfully held onto the child while she still could. Her family wasn't looking for her, and she hadn't seen her Uncle Charlie's phone number pop up either, she didn't know if she should feel some type of way about that. Had they just given up on her this time around? Did they believe she went too far humiliating Emily like that? She hoped not, she still loved her family and wished to make it work, but if ending it was what it took to prove she wasn't just doing this for shits and giggles she would...at least she hopes she would have the strength to do so. Going from a happy family to dysfunctional, to no family at all would be hard no matter the circumstances.

"What about my Little Lily? Spider Lilies are my favorite flowers and my favorite person." She smiled, pushing those depressing thoughts to the back of her head once her eyes met the eyes of Little Lily, she guessed that if it meant losing one family, she would gain another with her precious little bun.

"Like it?" She took the aggressive waves of Lilies hands as a confirmation that she liked it. The girl was beating on her chest, attempting to pull her hair and babbling, eyes slowly blinking with expectation. "Then Little Lily it is." She bundled the child, putting her sandwich to the side to finish later, for she wasn't hungry. She wanted to get Lily to sleep before she continued to eat and protecting her from the slight chilly breeze was just the start of it as she bounced her up in her lap. Maybe after basking in her arms for a bit she'll set her back in the bassinet while she ate. Maybe, or she'll just hold her. Lily was small, chucky, but still small enough to fit in the little space of her arm while her other handheld her food.