Sixteen | 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"Hey, I wonder how exactly are you different from the Shifters? I mean you stink, but it's a type of stink that grows on you after a while." Emmett grinned carefreely as he sat down next to Kurtis on the couch. Carlisle had an office in which he had a bunch of medical supplies in, but for the sake of keeping the peace everything was brought down into the living room where Kurtis could watch anything and everything as he looked over Kelly in the arms of Leah. He was stiff, understandably so considering he didn't want to be here in the first place, but he hadn't made a move to attack anybody yet, so it was progress.

"Stink? Hardly could call it that." Rosalie, while she wasn't incredibly happy, disagreed. "He smells like the woods. It's juts overwhelming which makes it bad." Tea Wood. He'll probably even smell nice to other vampires who enjoy the smell, but she was never a fan. Maybe if that undertone of Pine was stronger, she could like it.

"You all don't smell like roses either." Every breath he took was like a bunch to the lungs, for the scent of rotting flesh was strong. He was sure he'd smell different he was still eating humans, but the fact they fed on animals only made them smell just a bit nicer for he dealt with the stench of rotting meat for years.

"What do we smell like?" Carlisle pointed towards the notebook, "Leah and Kelly both smell like you. Leah a little lighter than Kelly." Tea Wood, they all smelled like Tea Wood, but Leah's natural scent of blood blended rather confusingly. Kelly was a bit harder, for she smelt like her father. No matter how hard he seemed to sniff, she didn't smell like anything. Like nothing if she was to be left in the woods.

"You smell like what you eat. I've handled a couple diverse types of vampires, but you bunch smell much more different. Like rotting flesh, mostly blood heavy." He didn't bother to take note of Carlisle scribbling away in a notebook.

"Your diet?"

"Can be anything ranging from animals, plants, humans, only one type of vampire can be consumed by us." He was proud to know that no matter where they went, they had a multitude of options when it came to food. He was struggling when it came to only eating plants, but the little meat he did consume was good enough to keep him from going in a frenzy.

"There are more than us around?" Emmett didn't sound so happy.

"Only a fool would believe that. You're a vampire, don't be stupid to think that you're the only thing alive." He was sure there were other varieties of werewolf he didn't know about; it only takes finding them to really know.

"I-" Emmett groaned; he did think that.

"Then who were the others you met?" Esme seemed interested though, "are they any danger to us...you?" More so than him. She knows he can probably survive anything if the destruction of her car and body wasn't any type of proof.

"I'm sure you've met them before. The sneakiest ones are the Humans with Fangs." He'll kill them on sight if he ever stumbled across them for, they aren't 'natural' the word 'natural' is real broad considering none of them are truly 'natural.'

"Never heard of them? Do you perhaps mean Hybrids? Heard of those, but never met any.' Carlisle lived a long time, but he had never stumbled across a human with the benefits of a vampire.

"Of course, you probably haven't. Humans with the ability to survive off blood or not. Most of the times they probably don't even know their vampires." They could be walking right beside one that has no idea of their true nature. They were anomaly's that needed to be killed for the vampires living without the complications are the worse type of vampires to have around.

"And problems? No, my saliva is deadly to all vampires as far as I'm concerned."

"I see." Carlisle signed, "do you have any hybrids of your own? Does your kind produce any?" He obviously had a child and if he and Leah ever had kids they needed to be prepared.