Seventeen | 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Leah expected she would have to fight Kurtis a little more on this whole Cullen helping us think. She really did, but sitting here relaxing in the bath with Kelly on her lap had her thinking that this was a little too easy. He was allowing them with little to no fight and she couldn't figure out for the life of her why. He didn't like them, told her he wouldn't dare to work with them, but she was relaxing inside their house taking a nice hot bath while he was with them at the Cabin making plans and forming a list of the things, they would need...he took them there on his own free will.

"Your Daddy doesn't like vampires Kelly, but he's working with them right now." Everyone besides Edward was informed that he would show up later after he spent the night with Bella. From Rosalie's words he liked to watch her sleep and Leah couldn't help but shutter. She would rather date someone that can sleep like her.

"He's agreeing to all of this far too easily." No fight, no cursing, no silent treatment and no threats. He didn't even threaten Carlisle when the man was messing around with Kelly's legs to test her motor skills. He did nothing, he waited and allowed her to do the talking. It worried her, she valued his opinions just as much as he valued hers and she didn't want him to think she was completely taking over his life with her 'concerns.' It meant nothing to her if he wanted to break away from all of this and go back to living the minimalist life. Of course, when she sat in silence, she didn't expect to get a reply. No one was here besides the two of them, and that was only after Jasper and Emmett brought a bed for them to use...In some empty room that they had no idea what to do with. She was all alone with a baby who seemed happy with the attention that was being given to her, and probably the hot water from the bath.

She couldn't even talk to Kurtis. He wasn't here, probably wouldn't be here for a few more hours, and that left her alone to do a lot of things. She could make a list like Esme asked her too, could look online for some stuff to buy for the cabin like Carlisle given her permission to do using his office laptop, or she could just relax in a bed that was bought specifically for her and Kurtis to use while they stayed the night. She could do a lot of things, and it strangely felt relieving to have so many choices that didn't involve speaking with someone she didn't want to speak with...her mother. She worried; those thoughts were coming back. It's mainly the reason she appreciated Kurtis and the Cullen's so much. Whenever they were around, she didn't think about her family so much. She didn't think about how angry they would be with her, or how 'worried' they are since they think she's missing. She doesn't think about anything related to them but her hurt heart, but with no one around to distract her that's exactly what she was thinking about.

...She could call her mother right now. Her own phone was charging in Alice's room since she was the only one with an available charger. She could leave the bath and call her mom quickly to tell her she was safe and happy. Get the guilt of abandoning her family off her shoulders once and for all. To hear her mother's voice whether that be screaming in angrier or crying out of relief, she wanted to hear it...just this once. But she knows she'd be doing nothing but hurting herself worse if her mother really wasn't worried about her. If her mother yelled that she had ruined the party for her brother and Emily. That she was disappointed that she ran off for reasons everyone knew but chose to ignore. That'll hurt worse and she'll be right back to square one when it comes to her own self-worth. Being away really made her feel alive and the more they think she's dead the better she feels about the entire thing. It's stupid that her own family is making her feel this way. And it's even stupider that she's sitting in this gorgeous bathroom with the happy baby in her arms thinking about them when she knows they probably couldn't give a rat's ass that the adult baby has left the residence.

She hoped they gave a rat's ass. She hopes that all her doubting thoughts are wrong, and her family can prove they really care more about her than she thinks. She really does.