Twenty Three | 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

They made it home a lot easier than Leah had thought. Everything in the car had remained silent besides her coos to Kelly, and they all went their separate ways which included Kurtis following Carlisle back to their place to continue work. It was just Kelly, Esme, and Leah at the house now. Esme in the kitchen while Leah did tummy time on the floor nearby.

"Never asked if you three ate something at the food court. Hungry?" They had a few things left over, mostly some stuff Alice had bought for Bella just in case she decided to have a snack here at the house.

"Yeah, we didn't get to finish though." Neither she nor Kurtis had eaten, more like they had a drink before shit hit the fan. Kelly was given a bottle which reminded her to thank Alice for even going out to buy such a nice sized bottle. Kurtis was small, something a newborn could survive if they filled it, but Kelly was beyond one, and her stomach surely grew along with her. It truly was a wonder how Kurtis got by with the things he had to make do with.

"We don't have any meat besides the stuff that was left over from today's breakfast. Would you mind a salad and some leftovers? Majority of this food is for Bella...she's vegan." Leah didn't know that she knew the girl often complained to Jacob about Charlie's eating habits, but she didn't think it was because the girl was vegan. Interesting fact.

"No, I'm fine with anything. Got any fruit left? Kelly could have a little more before she goes down for a nap."

"She didn't have on while you two were shopping? That was the point of the stroller so that neither of you would have to carry her all the time." Esme got to work, she enjoyed her time in the kitchen and didn't mind jumping up to whip something up for the little family.

"No, she was curious. She might've dozed off here and there, but she never actually stayed down long enough." Leah blamed it on the unfamiliar environment, the girl barely wanted to nap when she was here in the Cullen residence either. It was like a child going into a candy store for the first time, she was curious, easily excitable, and somewhat cautious like her father. A healthy baby in her mind.

"Cute, I'll be sure to start on her meal first than..." the conversation waned from there and Leah felt the need to say more. She wanted to know how Esme and Carlisle even found the two of them to begin with and why they were so eager to help her despite knowing they would get nothing worthwhile out of it. Was it that they were good people, had so much money that spending it felt good, or was it just that it was something different from what they usually deal with daily? What made them, them. She was hesitant to ask so it stayed quiet between the two of them. Esme doing her own thing and Leah doing hers.

There were times when she would miss Alice or Rosalie talking about random things that just seemed to pop up into their head. The two of them were great at starting and keeping conversation, but it seems like the two of them couldn't find something to talk about without thinking they were evading the space of the other. The two of them enjoyed their peace, thought there was no reason to destroy it because of something like a question, and while Leah was grateful, she wished Esme would just ask about whatever she had on her mind whether it's a promising idea or not for she didn't know what to do.

"So..." She didn't have to yell, didn't even have to raise her voice before she got some form of acknowledgement from Esme that the woman was listening to whatever she was going to say. It stressed Leah out a little, forced her to think about something worth asking about to avoid making a mockery out of herself.

"You're free to ask me anything. I'm sure you have answers after all." Bless her heart. Even with making it known she was fine answering whatever was on Leah's mind she still thought about something easy she could ask. She feared making her support upset with her.