Twenty Two | 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔

She didn't really understand why they were jumping down her throat so suddenly. One minute they were talking about Leah like she was a horrible person and the next they were standing on all ten toes trying to figure out if she was all right or not. It was giving mixed signals. A bunch of mixed signals and Bella cursed herself for being so stupid that she saw the girl. She was worried, concerned about the reason they would think she would be dead, and the warning she received about telling them nothing completely slipped from her mind. She didn't think it would cause such a ruckus, just for Leah to be declared healthy and happy.

The only reason she was in La Push was because of her father, Charlie, he had heard of the news about Sue's house and wanted to do the friendly thing of helping her repair the mess on his rare days off. Of course, Bella had to drive him, there was no need for him to bring the cruiser after all, but she sure wished he did for she was now ready to leave. These people were outrageously entitled if they thought they could just insult her however they pleased and think she'll help them with anything.

"Y-You really seen my sister!" Seth though was fine, he looked drained from all his energy, but he was fine. He was moving, and he surely looked happy to hear her words. "We've been worried sick!" She didn't know what his problem was but touching her wasn't something she was going to allow no matter whose friend or brother he was.

"Yeah? Why wouldn't she be, okay?" She was surrounded. Emily, Sam, Seth, Jacob, Paul, all of them and they were huddled close to her despite their previous complaints of her 'stinking up' the place. She guessed this was the reason Leah 'advised' her to stay quiet, her inner circle seemed to get really irrigatable when brought news they didn't want to hear or haven't heard yet.

"She ran the fuck off somewhere that's why." Paul groaned, "and were stuck looking for her! Plus, there was something huge that managed to fuck up that vampire chick, Emma, or whatever her name is." He seemed more fed up than anyone else. It had Bella wondering if they cared or were putting up a front so that she wouldn't run off and tell Leah they didn't care about her like she had hoped. Interesting.

"Paul please!" Seth shoved him, "She's safe right? Happy? Healthy? Warm? You know the winters coming up, please tell her to come back her room is getting fixed right now!" Ever since his Imprint slammed the door shut in his face with the intent to ignore him until Leah came back home, Seth had been going insane in all the wrong ways. He couldn't see or even touch his Imprint without making her mad, and his sister was stressing his mother out to the point of him having to listen to her cry all night. It was hard enough when their father passed, but the fact that Leah had up and left for real this time around was starting to hit their little family hard. He didn't know what emotion he should be feeling right now. Emily also wasn't any help either. Macy refused to interact with the woman, going as far as to reject the invitation to the wedding without a single thought.

"I-I don't know. Didn't really get to hold much of a conversation with her. And what do you mean Esme got hurt?" She also made sure to emphasize the correct name for the vampire for the others to hear. There was no reason to disrespect the woman just because she chose a life they didn't agree with.

"Cullen didn't say anything. Still keeping things from little ole you?" She thought Jacob sounded cheap underneath all that frustration, but that didn't make her concern wane any quicker. She was still very much concerned about this attack Esme was subjected to too.

"Jacob."

"Some monster had attacked that Esme chick. Damn near tore her into pieces." Sam was in awe when he mentioned it, everyone was really, and Bella couldn't help but turn her nose up a bit. It disturbed her how they could care so little about another's life whether they were vampires or not.