Twenty One | 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊

Damn she was getting old. To think that she used to be so bored when her mother would demand that they go to the store to get things for the house...look at her getting all excited because a double doored fridge. Damn. She's down bad. She had already decided that she was going to get this entire kitchen set because it would look so gorgeous but all she was waiting for was Kurtis's approval. He didn't seem like he cared much, uninterested in the man who been trying to desperately sell the set to him after discovering that the largest amount of money they were willing to spend was nonexistent. He tried selling them a bunch of other things, but they weren't on Leah's list. Kurtis would be more than happy to build more cabinets and cupboards for her.

"Please, pretty please." She and the sales associate were batting little puppy dog eyes at Kurtis. It was crazy to think that he wasn't even spending his money, it was the Cullen's, but no one needed to know that but them.

"Do you want it?" He held Kelly, the girl was getting restless in the stroller and with Leah running around and touching every appliance like she was in toy store, she couldn't be in her arms.

"I need it!"

"Then get it? No need to confirm with me." He sounded like such a good man to anyone that didn't know them. He sounded like he honestly couldn't care if his darling 'wife' would buy the entire store. It was the opposite.

"But I want you to like it also. I don't want to get everything that I like, but you are also." The appliances also fit the 'aesthetic' of the cabin. It looked perfect for their little place and while Leah was set on it, if Kurtis decided he wanted something different than she wasn't going to say no, it was his house after all.

"I like it. We'll buy it." The sales associate seemed happier than Leah was considering he was rushing them to the cash register. They had a lot to buy and that included the bathroom stuff...she wonders if they truly should be worried about that. Maybe she'll wait until Esme and Carlisle meet back up with them to get their opinion. They didn't have a 'bathroom.' They didn't even have room to turn a space into one, but they could build one. Building would take so much time though

"What else is on the list here?" While Leah let him swipe the card she was flipping through. Might as well get everything while they're here. It was small stuff like cleaning and gardening appliances, stuff that would make her life easier if she was going to be doing nothing but stuff that ranged in that field.

"Smaller stuff, we just need one of each." she shrugged, "we can ship this along with the other stuff, right?"

"As long as it's all bought on the same day." The sales associate grinned, "need help look-"

"No." Kurtis cut him off, snatching the card back and stuffing it into his pocket. He was already leading her away from the desperate man, in the wrong direction, but what was stopping them from walking a bit more than usual.

"Really? You didn't need to be so rude." Even with her scolding him for his rough attitude, she still had a smile on her face. Amused beyond belief that he was already feeling some other emotion than disinterest.

"He's been talking my ear off for the entire fifty minutes we've been here." A lot of the staff had been stopping by and checking on them asking if they needed anything. Maybe it was because they were dressed like some rich people. The clothes Alice bought for them were all of course designer. And it didn't help that they matched, all three of them. A picture perfect, white picket fence family. Ew.

"Still didn't have to snatch." Probably made it worse. Rich and stuck up, these people probably thought they struck gold with them. He didn't reply to her, glancing down with his own little smile as he led her in a circle and towards the gardening area. There wasn't actual gardening stuff here since it was more like a furniture store, but there were items that should ube used Ranging from rakes to little shovels and plant pots.