037

Tomorrow is a new day.

Can't pretend that I don't really feel like it is just as easy as letting go and walking away from some of the problems but I suppose this is the only way to go about it. What came after is she went home and there was nothing thereafter.

Another school day, though ultimately different.

I didn't go to the gym today, I didn't stick around to wait for Rin because there was no message from her and no response to my message. Though heading to school alone for the first time in forever and walking there no less.

Feels strange.

I walk through the doors leading into the inner courtyards and as life would have it, there Alexi was almost like she was expecting me to show up. She flashes me that dead smirk of hers before she pushes herself off of the wall the moment I pass her and she sides next to me.

"Morning," she greets me.

"Hey," I greet her.

"Where were you and the lost child?"

"I was home," I state. "Right now I don't know where Rin is."

"Hmm," she cocks her head. "Is that why you look like that, could have sworn the past days you came here you'd have a smile and someone glued to your side. This is the first time I've seen you look so dejected coming to school."

"Maybe it is because I don't want to be here."

"Valid if true," she scoffs, "Who am I kidding, we all feel like that. But don't have to be so terribly upset when you have all these friends here... wait a minute, you only talked to a single person and every attempt at anyone else being friendly didn't work out for you."

I breathe out, "It is up there with the worlds of things I hear."

"Being used to it is pitiful."

"Antagonizing me is pathetic," I cock my head, and she only smiles at me. "One day you are going to say your say and someone with less patience for people like you is going to put your ass on the ground."

"How would that happen? You are the only little sad boy I talk to like this, the rest of them hardly even know that I am this maleficent~"

I clench my jaw as I reach my class and drop my bag by my table as she is still following me around. I glance at the empty chair, almost hoping that she'd be here but no response from anything, and still not at school.

What happened between then and now?

"What about the blondie from the college? Sarah, right?" I glance at her as she rests on the desk behind her. "Lost love is sweeter when it is found, maybe you have a better chance of looking again. Because catching feelings with someone that lost their body happened to be a terrible idea."

I drop down in my seat, crossing my arms on it I rest my head between my arms.

I can hear her whisper to me, "It is so terribly sad."

I mutter, "Leave me alone already," looking at her over my arms, "Your sudden fascination with me is endearing, as much as I love the attention coming from you I'd rather neck myself before giving you any form of satisfaction."

"But you acknowledging me is all the sweeter," she chuckles. "Didn't your mom warn you about bullies? Just ignore them. They'll go away. They'll get bored. Right?"

"Hey, (Y/N)," a different voice breaks through the incessant pestering of this bitch.

I lift myself, "Hey... Grace, right? Sorry names aren't my strong suit unless you force it down my throat," I gesture to Alexi on the table next to my seat.