044

The two of them are leading the pack with Rin walking slowly next to me, eyes wandering towards the stores. I bet she'd do anything to break away for a moment to check out the shops like this was her excuse to visit the mall just to window shop. I've cash to waste but I have this feeling she'd throw a massive fit about it, then accept it like a sour child and the next time you see her she can't let go of the damned thing because she's only a pain in the ass because she wants to be.

"Hey hey hey," she tugs at my arm, "let's ditch them for like a minute and see if they notice we escaped into one of the shops to feed your dangerous addiction to games."

I arch my brow at her. "You mean feed the addiction of my girlfriend who is using my addiction as a guise?"

"Don't use big words on me." She pulls me along, though I didn't put up much of a fight as we let those two figure out by themselves we've abandoned them for arguably a painfully long time trying to convince me to spend more money than I can give.

Which isn't the case. Well... I have a lot more money to waste considering that monthly subscriptions alone are plenty enough to sustain a healthy lifestyle. The two of us step into the largest computer store this side of town and she instantly heads straight for the games, no doubt going to be played on my consoles.

"Wonder what you are going to play these on," I gesture to the racks of games.

"Was thinking of shoving it in the DVR and praying that your ass stops me before I waste your money." She glances at me with this nasty side-eye, "I am not going to coerce you into spending money that you don't want to spend."

"What do you want, Rin?"

"Nothing." She digs her hands in her pockets, then glancing around her gaze locks onto the laptops. "You think laptops are any worth looking into?"

I follow her gaze. "Yeah. Depends where you are looking."

"Isn't alien ware a good brand?"

"Dead brand, but yeah."

She arches her brow at me, "Oh look at mister computer smarts."

"I mean sure, the main thing would be that although the spec sheet looks nice, they cut corners wherever they can. With nonstandard components to using single channel instead of dual-channel RAM or your GPUs being poorly made. I mean at least they look cool, no?"

She shoots me this dead stare.

"What?"

"So you just shit on anything, don't you?"

"If it's shit it is shit." I narrow my eyes at the laptops. "I mean they used to be the best in stock but now you'd have much better luck buying a rig that comes with Earth Worm Jim installed."

"Uh-huh."

I look back at her. "You want a laptop?"

"I don't like shopping with you."

"I am the best kind of shopper," I defend myself. "I go in, know what to look for, and then I am out of this place under an hour. You need someone like that in your life or you might end up getting stuck looking at pretty cases that blue screens every time you open Chrome."

"Babe." She grabs my wrists and brings them together. "It's super hot and all when you talk tech with me but I have no fucking clue what you are talking about. So if I buy something I'll make sure it looks cool and you make sure it can run games properly."

I nod slowly. "I wouldn't waste money on a laptop for games."

"And you rate my ass is going to carry a case on the back of my bike every time I visit?"

"Are you going to be visiting the entire time?"

"I might not at this rate."

I chuckle as walk towards the laptops. I grab the booklet to page through all their selections but go past the laptops to see if they have any pre-builts that are worth wasting money on or if it would be better to just get everything individually and get her to build the thing herself. Could do a PC-building stream.

Oh... actually not a bad idea. Good job me on a very original idea.

"When's your birthday again?"

"Today."

"Today in seven months." I chuckle as I put down the booklet. "Nice try."

"Girl can try."

I side next to her and give her a nudge, "I mean Christmas isn't very far away and with applications for college weeks away maybe we can see what is what. That's if you have an idea of where you want to go."

"Are you bribing to get good behavior? Because that's fucked up, and working."

I roll my eyes at her. "Just hold out for a bit and then we'll see."

"Right right right." She grabs my hands and walks the two of us out of the shop. "I don't want to coerce you into anything just yet, have my own very special ways of getting you to do exactly what I want."

"Sex is not enough."

She arches her brow at me. "Hmmm."

"Stop that."

"Okay."

"So? Have you thought about it?" I continue the conversation and move away from the topic of her trying to get me to spend money on her.

"I have." She nods slowly but she has this unsure look on her face. "Already applied but I haven't thought much about it there's an Academy that I had my eye on with more artistic degrees. Was thinking maybe graphic design... or something close to it."

"Too many things on your mind to worry about it right now, right?"

She shakes her head. "No... I've been ignoring it because... well it's not near here."