14: Broken Threads

3rd person pov:

After the sails are lowered down. Dabi, izuku, and shoto begin to work on sowing the sails.

As izuku and shoto hold the fabrick still. Dabi begins to stitch up.

Izu:"I wonder if  Hawks has any spells from his blood line."

Sho:"I wouldn't doubt it. What amazes me it that if those men kirishima found were charmed. Why didn't they effect you touya."

Dabi glares up at shoto with a look that could kill.

Izu:"Sorry, it's just that seeing a creature of legend and myth is rare after the hunter ten years ago."

Dabi:"If any of your crew thinks about hurting him for "science" I'll gut you all and feed you to the sharks. Is that clear?"

Sho/izu:"Crystal."

Dabi:"Good, now let's -

*tic*

Dabi:"Well shit. The thread you gave me is dried out."

Dabi shows them the broken and frayed thread.

Izu:"That's all we have. Kacchan isn't gonna be happy about that."

Hawks flies up from the side of the ship.

Haw:"Find out about what?"

All three flinch and jump back. That's when hawks sees the thread.

Haw:"If you're looking for sails. I've stolen some off ships that have landed here in the past."

Izu:"Could you go get them for us please?"

As Hawks bows to izuku. Dabi grabs his hand.

Dabi:"Wait, I'm coming with you.  Shoto you're gonna be our guard."

Izuku pouts but understands his part. To destract the captain until they return.

As Hawks grabs the siblings and takes flight. Izuku tries to keep an eye on bakugou.

In mere moments they're almost to hawks nest. Where dabi gets a better look inside.

A table set for three with dolls made of sticks and straw like a family. The place looks clean and kept up like a home would be. As they go down into the lower levels. Dabi sees a dried blood tail leading down the hall and to the left door. The right door is open and he sees jars of preserved and pickled foods. Straight ahead is a storage room That's massive.

Ships broken apart for fire wood. Ashes mixed with water for fertilizer, and charcoal for filtering water to drink or bathe with. In the corner of the room are fabrics folded up nicely. That's where the sails are. Alongside different clothes and soaps. There's even barrels of oil and alcohol.

Sho:"Holy shit it's a hoard of tresures."