25: Last Flight

3rd person pov:

As the wave towers over the city. Enji sees a white blurr with glowing blue eyes in the water shoot at him like a shark.  Grabbing him by the face and pulling him out of the water. That's when he sees the smile of a demon. Enji passes by the stage to a third story balcony wall. Just on the other side is mic cutting into hawks who's no longer responsive.

Enji:"You're a monster. Millions will die with that wave."

Dabi:"That's what I'm counting on. However your life is mine to take."

Enji sees a scythe in Dabi's hand with a chain wrapped around it and a jewel hanging off the end of the chain.

Dabi draws back and impales the bottom of the pole of the scythe into enji's chest as the wave comes in and the tip goes through the wall. Dripping blood on Hawks face. Mic was less than an inch from the pointed tip getting his eye. So mic stops and runs away.

Mic:"I'm sorry. I was only following orders-"

The wave bursts the windows and washes mic out of the building.

Enji struggles to hold his breath. As the excruciating pain causes panic to set in. So since enji can't calm down. His body is losing air fast. He's also bleeding faster.

So once the wave retreats down a level. Dabi pulls the pole out and kicks enji in the jaw to force him up to the roof.

Enji:^I did what I had to for our family. Your mom and sister were spys for a pirate crew to kidnap my three boys. So they had to hang for it. Then natsuo tried to kill me. I tried to put him in a hospital, but he had other plans in his cell. With his bedsheets. He left this world. So I tried to protect the last family I had left. Looking for that necklace. I'd gain the power to grant a wish with the ocean. I'd grant you both safe travels on the seas to where ever you wanted to go. In exchange I'd never be able to leave this town. That way the ocean would have an eternal guard of its heart. I'd even ask that the ability of ever lasting life would go to you both. That way you could rule the world together.^ "I'm sorry for being a shifty father. I should have never looked for that damned thing and showed you both more love."

Dabi growls and slices up the middle of enji's body. Before twirling and lapping off his head. As enji's head rolls away. Dabi begins to laugh loudly like a mad man. Yet tears soon roll down his face.

Dabi drops the weapon and it turns to sand and blows away in the wind.

With a glide down. Dabi walks threw the broken window and sees Hawks. His torso is cut open and ribs are broken to expose his heart.

Dabi:"I won't let you take that ribe along. So I'll pay the fair for us both to cross the river together."

Dabi covers Hawks up in a sheet and walks down the hall. That's when dabi steps out the same way he came in. Flapping his wings and takes flight out to sea. Once land is no longer in sight. Dabi wraps his wings around Hawks to free fall with a spin as the clouds twirl with them down.

Dabi:"I've granted both their wish and ours. Now let's go home, keigo."

*splash! Woosh!*

As they hit the water. A tornado is formed that'll stay in place. Creating a water spout where the sea and sky meet. At the center is dabi holding his treasured beloved where they'll rest till the end of time at the bottom of the Mariana trench. Where they become a part of the ocean.

10 years later and the town has finished rebuilding. A new statue is put up in town of an angel with wings spread is sitting on a throne made from a rock that sticks out of the sea. One foot lays on the surface of the water with no ripples. The other is on a skull that's halfway in the water. The only ripples of the sea are created by the scythe it welds.  The scythe has chains and so too does the wings. Behind the head of the angel is an oil lantern with a cover to make a blood red halo like the one above Dabi's head during the attack.

Bakugou walks on stage with izuku and shoto behind him.

Baku:"We are all here today to celebrate the rebirth of our city. Thanks to this hero. No lives were lost other than the people who did wrong. I thank you all for voting me in charge of the city for the past ten years, but it's time for me to step down. Making term limits to serve you all is what's needed to help old ideas die off. Giving way for the future leaders to better serve us. It's time for growth potential. After all, my sea legs might get out of shape if I stay here any longer. I wish you all prosperity in your future."

As bakugou and them run off stage and head to their ship. The back of the statue is of hawks. His back is against Dabi's to lend him his wings. Tears stream down his smiling face with closed eyes and head down. As he holds the halo up with his hands in the shape of a heart and a sword through his torso.

THE END