15: Truth vs Human Myth

3rd person pov:

As dabi and shoto look around in awe. Hawks points to the fabrics so shoto can start searching. Only for hawks to pull dabi away to show him something else.

Haw:"Wanna learn the truth behind the gem?"

Dabi nods yes. So Hawks picks him up to take flight.

Shoto sees what way they went and tails behind them on foot.

As they get close to the ceiling. Gems line the top and reflect what's below like an ocean in the sky.

When hawks lands. Dabi sees a tail of how the world came to be in carved images and Latin written below each image.

Haw:"What story does the humans spread?"

Dabi:"The ocean and sky were madly in love. Since they could only touch in rain or storms. They wanted to have something to hold from one another. The sky dropped a star and the ocean offered a gem from her depths. Only for humans to get in the way. So the sky and sea now remind us with disaster at sea as punishment."

Hawks places his hand on the stone wall as his feathers scatter out to tell the story.

Haw:"There once was a lonely God. His name was Cumulo. For millenia he sad alone with only the stars to give him warmth and light. That is until a teardrop fell onto earth. Giving life to the planet. The ocean thanks cumulo with constant waves. In hopes of getting his attention. Soon she called out to him with the tides as she reaches for the horizon. Even cutting deep into the earth. That's when she gave herself a true name. Mariana. Yet he still gave no sign of noticing. So she came up with one last plan. Us8ng her rage. Mariana used her anger to vent out and create a child. Pangaea was the land. Giving life to more on earth. As creatures call out into the heavens. Only her waves could be loud enough to reach him. By this point Mariana was tired and give out. Her waters were polluted with sand and dubrea. So he cried out. Trying to reach her yet never being able. The rain continued until river's, ponds, and lakes formed on land. Filtering Mariana and healing her. Both didn't know it, but each was preparing a truly wonderful gift for one another. Then it happened. Cumulo made the first move. Stars fell from the sky like twinkling gems. Showering Mariana with warmth like she had never felt before. Only for a massive medier to crash. That was cumulo's heart. He trusted Mariana with his life. So she intern tried to give him her heart in the form of a gem. Only she couldn't. Many creatures tried to jump up to give it to him. Only to fail. She knew volcanos would melt her heart. So she kept it on the surface of the water for cumulo to see. That is until humans began to travel. While Mariana was distracted by cumulo's beauty. Her heart was stolen away. Seeing what had happened. Cumulo sent lightning down upon the land. Winds began to grow and so too did his rath. Storm clouds covered the sky to keep humans off and away from Mariana. She helped him. Reaching on the land. Mariana broke the land. Vowing to turn red with the blood of the land dwellers until she could get her heart back. Someday Mariana will make her dream come true. Her dream of creating a fish that can fly. Only after humans feel the loss that she has felt."

Dabi clutches the necklace tight.

Dabi:"So this is her heart, but then your bracelet must be."

Hawks nods and lifts his wrist.

Haw:"This is all that is left of cumulo's heart. Mariana had tried to comfort herself by holding his heart. Only for her waves to chip away at it. So since my father's family were born from the falling stars and granted the gift of flight. We promised her that we would keep it safe from humans."

Dabi:"If that's the case. Why can't you deliver this to cumulo? Since you can fly. It shouldn't be hard."

Hawks shakes his head no.

Haw:"Though I can fly. I'm actually bound to the earth. If I were to deliver the heart. I would be giving my own life along with yours. S8nce the heart is now bound to you. I could never do that to you. We've only known each other for a few months now, but I feel as if I could give you my heart."

Hawks moves in close and kissed dabi right infront of shoto. Who just walks away to give them a moment.

Sho:^I'll leave them be. Right now I've got a job to do.^

Shoto heads back to get the sail.

As dabi and hawks makeout. Dabi is pushed against the wall. Only for a sudden wave of pain to come over him with an image to play in his mind of Toga's death and enji's ships. Then the distance left until they arrive.

Hawks pulls away when dabi stops moving. That's when he sees the fear in Dabi's eyes.

Haw:"Babe?"

Dabi:"He's coming with a fleet of ships."

As dabi takes a step forward. His vision clouds as the world spins around him. Then his knees buckle before he blacks out.

Haw: "babe? Hey! Babe, what's wrong? Talk to me! DABI!!"