22: Can't Let You Go

3rd person pov:

As dabi frantically searches for the key to open the door.

Aizawa uses his tails to stop his momentum. Now seething with rage. Aizawa climbs up on all fours.

Dabi finally gets the door open and runs in before shutting the door behind him. Dabi then starts looking for the keys to free Hawks.

Dabi:"I can't lose you. Even if you don't remember it. I know that we've known each other for years."

Hawks looks confused, and dabi tries two keys before dropping them on the last one.

Dabi:"Shit shitshit."

Dabi picks them up to try again. Only for aizawa to break the door and throw it across the room.

Aiz:"Visiting hours are over. Now come along, little pest."

Dabi turns around to shield Hawks with his body.

Dabi:"I still remember that fish are the birds of the ocea- ACK!"

Aizawa uses his his sword to stab dabi in the vocal cords.

Aiz:"The thing with immortality is so long as I keep you alive. You can't heal. That means the pain won't go away."

Dabi grabs the blade to pull it out. Only for aizawa to step forward and pin dabi to hawks back with the blade.

Aiz:"The more you struggle. The more pain you'll inflict on him. Now, are you coming quietly or not?"

Hawks whimpers and aizawa twists the blade. Causing him to howl out in agony."

Dabi relaxes and puts his arms down. So aizawa pulls the blade out. Only for dabi to collapse to the floor.

Hawks cries out with tears. Only for his teeth to sharpen and break the iron gag like brittle glass.

Haw:"I'll kill you and your fucking boss. This a swear on cumulo. You.... will...... suffer a.... painful and slow.........DEATH!"

Deep pants of rage cause Hawks to froth at the mouth, and his eyes narrow like that of a beast hunting for a delicious prey.

Once dabi heals up. Aizawa drags him away. Leaving a blood stain on the floor.

Hawks looks up at the sky from his window and prays.

Haw:"Hear my prayer Mariana and cumulo. I seek your help. Protect him, and make those  that hurt others turn the land and sea red with their blood. I'll offer my blood as the first drop."

Hawks blood drips onto the stain of Dabi's blood, and ripples like waves in the ocean.

That's when hawks takes off his bracelet and swallowing it.

Hours pass and crowds gather in town square where gallows and a burnpile sit atop a stage side by side.

Izuku and kirishima hide in the crowd. Kids sell snacks and walk around as if these lives are just entertainment.

As the sun begins to set. Enji walks shoto to a window in his office. He has a perfect view of the stage from above. As shoto tries to look away. His father grips his chin to force him to look. That's when shoto sees bakugou walking up in shackles to the gallows. Then the noose is placed around his neck.

Then dabi walks out bound in razor wire. Blood drips with every step he makes. Yet dabi doesn't lift his head and every step is dragged at the start before it thumps down.

Sho:"No, RUN AWAY! YOU STILL HAVE A FIGHTING CHANC-"

His voice is drowned out by the cheers of the crowd. Yet even so. Enji knows that everyone goes silent for final words. So he prevents shoto from speaking out of turn.

Baku stands tall and yells at the crowd. Causing dead silence. Not even a baby coo.

Baku:"Oi! SHEEP! Is this what you really want? Do you actually like watching others suffer at the hands of those in power!? Those that herd you like cattle and sacrifice your life for their benefit. They tell you that you have a say on what your rights are, but they make the rules to benefit themselves. Lying to you all by using your hopes and dreams as empty promises to fuel their own wealth. It's past time that you remove those rose peddles over your eyes and see them for what they really are. Selfish monsters that suck the life out of our nation. They live the life you all want because your blood sweat and tears keep them afloat. No more, cry out and let them know who's actually in charge. Money can only cover up for so long. When more voices drown out the lies they spew. Only then can we silence them for good. Violence isn't the answer to all of life's problems. So let them hear what their actions has caused. Speak out and tell your story! Change minds and save lives."

Enji growls when no one throws anything at the pirate. Instead, everyone stays silent and cries at how he spoke the truth. So as the bag goes over Bakugou's head. Izuku rushes on stage to help him. Only for guards to tackle him to the floor of the stage and hold an ax over his head.

That's about the time dabi is tied to the post and a brush paints spots of oil on his torso, legs, and face.

Izu:"I'm sorry but I won't let you walk that path alone kacchan."

Baku:"Y...You damn idiot deku."

Bakugou's voice cracks as he begins to cry.

That's when dabi looks up. His eyes are glassy like his mind is somewhere else.

As he looks up at the sky. He sees himself in the cup once more. As eyes look down at him. Dabi mutters to himself.

Dabi:"I'm ready to join him. Now let me drown. So that he may watch from above."

Hawks is strapped down to a table with mic holding a scalpel.

Haw:"So you were the one that ran up and wanted to play hide and seek that day. Though back then you had white hair."

Keigo:"Did you know fish are the birds of the sea? Fins serve as the wings of the lower sky. Both blue because they can never touch.  As rain turns to tears. Waves crash on shore to meet the rivers and lakes that it fills. So tell me, what are you?"

As the torch is lit and about to be thrown on the pile. Dabi smiles and says.

Dabi/touya:"I am neither because I'm only human."

Dabi:^But if I had to choose. I'd be-^"Both."

As the touch falls and lights the first log. The creak of the lever begins to sound. The swish of an ax cutting the air, muffled cries of a lover, and flesh being cut while a beautiful creature yells out in pain. Only for everything to go silent with a flash of light. Before a deafening boom rings out across the land, sky, and sea.

*Zzzzzzzk...cc...c....CRA-OOOOOM!!!*