⁰²ᴀꜱꜱɪᴍɪʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

It was the day Izuku Midoriya's life changed forever.

A short young teen is currently walking home, hunched into himself as he protectively hugs a burnt and wet notebook. He has curly unkempt green hair, and freckles that are shaped as diamonds on his cheeks, his bright green eyes, which are usually filled with curiosity, excitement, and determination, now seem muted.

"Jump off a rooftop? Why would Kacchan say that? Does he know what would happen to him if an investigation of my death somehow links back to his comment? He wouldn't have been able to become a hero…" Midoriya mutters.

Izuku Midoriya had previously been at Aldera Junior High, where he's currently walking away from just another day of being the odd one out. Today was the day when the students were asked about what careers they wanted to pursue. But the answer was obvious, in a society where superpowers called Quirks were the norm, everyone wanted to be the same thing, a Hero. A person who saves the lives of others, and puts villains behind bars. Midoriya is no exception to this, except for one detail that causes everyone to think that his choice in career is impossible to achieve. Izuku Midoriya is Quirkless.

Yet despite this huge setback Izuku stays determined, the notebook he's currently clutching was filled to the brim with notes on Quirks, their applications, strengths, and weaknesses. But most of those notes were now smudged, and barely readable, all thanks to Midoriya's former best friend, and main bully, Katsuki Bakugo who Izuku still calls Kacchan out of some misguided hope that the best friend he lost would return one day.

Midoriya has always been selfless, to the point where he completely disregards his own safety and potential happiness for the sake of others, even those who make his life miserable. This is why despite what everyone says about him, he still tries to become a hero and wishes that Bakugo would become one as well.

Midoriya was taking a detour on his way home to have time with his thoughts. After his classmates found out he still wanted to be a hero despite everything that had happened to him, they all laughed at his expense, and Bakugo burned his notebook, tossed it out the window, and told him to kill himself.

Needless to say, it was not a good day for him, even worse than usual in fact. But that never stopped him before, he would continue moving forward, right underneath a bridge, and his fate would irrevocably change. For better or for worse. He would either start the journey to becoming a Hero or a Villain the moment he walks through, but he never did.

Just as he was about to go through, a red blur passed through, faster than any person would have been able to move normally without disturbing the area around them. The blur passed the bridge at incredible speed, and when it disappeared, Midoriya was nowhere to be found. So when a villain with a slime quirk exited the sewer grate underneath the bridge. He had no hostage to take, and All Might who was pursuing the villain saw no one needing help at that moment. He captured the villain and went on his way. Unbeknownst to him, he had just missed the perfect inheritor for his power before he was taken by one of the greatest villains of the future.

+/+

Midoriya had no idea what just happened, one moment he was walking home, and the other he was experiencing severe vertigo inside a warehouse. Unable to process all the sudden changes quickly enough, he immediately threw up his lunch onto the floor.

"Sorry about that, but I needed to get you away from there ASAP. Don't worry, it should pass in a second or so."

Midoriya, after throwing up, immediately goes on high alert as he catches up with what happened. He somehow got transported to an unknown location by an unknown assailant. As he whirls toward the voice, he stared at the person who was responsible for bringing him here.