⁰⁹ᴀꜱɪᴀ'ꜱ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴊᴏʙ

If a savior wanted rewards for his actions, are they being selfish?

The Hero Course Entrance Exam takes place the day after the Support Course Exam because all teachers need to be present for the practical part of the Exam to give out the Villain points and Rescue points that the wannabe heroes will be judged on.

So sadly Midoriya couldn't annoy Bakugo for "good luck" before Bakugo's entrance exam started today.

Speaking of Bakugo, he could tell that his change in behavior rattled Bakugo, even if he tried to hide it. The fact that the one person that seemed to have supported him nearly all his life suddenly starts acting like a sarcastic asshole was such a sharp turn in personality that he couldn't keep up.

While yes, he was still egotistical, short-tempered, and self-absorbed, he's now just slightly more sensitive. Deep down, he was hurt by Midoriya's actions and he doesn't want to repeat whatever happened to him.

It wasn't perfect yet, and while Midoriya can just stick him with nanites and change him directly, that wouldn't satisfy his taste for theatricality.

Plus, no way in hell is Midoriya ever going to share his mind with someone he detests so much.

It was much, much easier to change how the rest of the school saw him though. All he had to do was act more confident and bribe students with test answers unapologetically. Be the secret "bad boy" of the students so to speak, and do it all behind the teachers' backs.

It was almost embarrassing how easy it was to change everyone's minds. It also helped that Bakugo started avoiding him ever since Midoriya stopped calling him "Kacchan".

To Midoriya, social interaction is nothing but simple science, and science is what he's best at. Manipulating someone's views on a person or thing is as easy as child's play. Facial cues, body language, eye movement, and speech patterns, he can read all of it like an open book and respond appropriately to get the reaction he wants. He can make any person love him or hate him, worship him, or fear him. His ability to manipulate others is practically unmatched.

And it's this skill that he used to convince his mother to let him try out for the Support Course with no questions asked. Despite her being initially confused at his sudden change in interests, with a few smiles and reassurances, she just accepted it and moved on.

He was happy and that's all she needed to know to accept it.

Just like he predicted.

Midoriya glanced at the clock in his room to check the time.

"10 o'clock huh? Bitchugo's exam has probably already started, wonder what his new score will be?"

Through the butterfly effect, Midoriya knew that everything would not be as he remembered it. Bakugo's new experiences in this timeline had probably affected his performance in the exam. Would his exam be higher or lower though? Midoriya would just have to wait and see.

"Would you like me to check this "Bitchugo's" progress in the exam father?" A familiar robotic voice asked.

Ah yes, ASIA, how could he forget?

When he brought ASIA home yesterday, his mom was understandably very confused and nervous about an AI now living with them. As far as she knew, AIs aren't even a real thing. But Midoriya only had to beg her to let ASIA stay, and she caved near instantly.

Honestly, ASIA was put into the plan on a whim more than anything else. Sure, she could be useful, but not necessary. Everything she could do, the nanites already can.

"No need for that ASIA, just focus on expanding your reach."

"Yes, father."

But he had to admit, he thought it was pretty cute whenever ASIA called him father.