⁰⁵ᴘʀɪꜱᴏɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ

Midoriya was bored. But that was to be expected, nothing here in the past is really a challenge for him, either physically or intellectually, and he still needs to wait until it's time before he lets loose with his quirk. The criminal that his younger self captured was already reprogrammed to obey his orders only, he plans on using him as a sleeper agent in Villain society. He didn't assimilate him or take his knowledge because Midoriya would never bond with such an inferior part of the human race.

Thankfully, one of his preparations requires just a bit of a more personal touch, and while it won't really be challenging for him, he could at least get a kick out of the Hero Public Safety Commission's panic and feeble attempts at fixing their issue.

While his younger self was solidifying himself as a budding prodigy in inventing Support Items, the older Midoriya was left with setting up their base of operations, scouting every single Hero and Villain that would be taken into account in his plans, and setting up the first dominoes for his eventual debut.

He does it all in disguise, of course, he removed the freckles on his face, turned his skin slightly tanner, his hair dark brown, and his eyes blue. Nobody would be able to link him back to his younger self. He even changed his DNA makeup on the off chance that he leaves any trace of it.

He always prepares for anything to go wrong, even if the chances of that are less than 1%.

Though hyper-speed would allow him to complete almost all of this in very little time, he decided on a more casual pace.

He has more fun that way.

And he'll do the same today.

He's currently sitting in a coffee shop at Koruski City, a quaint little place with a very low population, not really known for many crimes or heroes for patrols. In fact, Villain attacks are practically non-existent here. You could be forgiven for thinking that this may very well be the safest city in Japan if it wasn't for one tiny little problem.

It's connected to the most secure prison on Earth, which also houses the world's most dangerous Villains. Tartarus.

So you can see why people aren't clamoring to live here.

This also explains the severe lack of Villains. Any criminal caught doing a crime here would just be thrown straight to Tartarus out of convenience, and nobody wants to be imprisoned in Tartarus.

The only thing that's between this city and the prison is a 5 Kilometer bridge that spans out into the open sea, onto an island that is exclusively only for the purpose of housing Villains.

And Tartarus itself lives up to its hellish namesake. The prison itself was meant to both figuratively and literally bury the Criminals arrested, it encompasses the entirety of the island and extends up to 500 meters underground. Every single inch of this small city is lined with reinforced steel, its walls being 6 meters thick of solid steel.

The top only being accessible to the staff and security, all the prisoners inside are to spend the rest of their days inside the various buildings, spanning all the way down to the bottom, never to see the light of day again. They are guarded 24/7 and monitored for every single action they take, they are not allowed to have any conversations with each other, and they have guards watching every single moment of their day, from eating to using the toilet, the prisoners are not allowed even a shred of privacy.

It's essentially the dark side of society that's built on false peace.

Up to this day, nobody has ever come out of Tartarus alive. To even attempt to escape the prison, someone would need to get out of their cells, without being seen by the cameras nor using their Quirks, since there are sensors in their cells and every floor, monitoring any unregistered Quirk use all the way to the top.