⁰⁶ᴜᴘɢʀᴀᴅᴇꜱ

Before Hawks started patrolling around Hosu.

10 days after her escape and just two months before the start of the entrance exams for UA.

Kaina Tsutsumi feels like an entirely new person, which she should because she technically is.

Ever since she was freed from Tartarus by the future Midoriya and was injected with a dose of his nanites, she had drastically changed mentally. Combining her consciousness with Midoriya's memories had warped her mind completely. Becoming someone new, she was now both and neither at the same time.

And through Midoriya's memories did her side understand just why she was chosen to have his nanites. Back in the future, she was approached by Midoriya to be recruited into his crusade against society. He had hacked into the HPSC's database for any heroes that were willing to fight against the lies and hypocrisy of the current Hero society and expose the shady dealings of the HPSC, and she was the head candidate.

She had briefly heard of him back when she was still in Tartarus in the future. On the rare instances that the prisoners could talk with each other, she had heard some stories from some new prisoners that were periodically being brought in about some new upstart named Izuku Midoriya, with all of their stories praising him and painting him as some sort of savior of the villains.

She actually escaped from Tartarus because of the riot he had started when he released every single prisoner inside as a distraction for the heroes to busy themselves with, while he and All For One continued their plans in the background.

While a little put off by his young age, she did agree to work with him and over time, even became closer with him, not quite friends, but above acquaintances. She grew to respect his drive, intelligence, and forethought in planning in all of their various businesses.

Plus she just really liked seeing him constantly shit on the HPSC.

And Midoriya grew to like her for her skills, professionalism, and wittiness. He even asked her to train him with firearms. He was one of the few people that she knew who wouldn't screw her over, so she agreed. With the help of his nanite-empowered brain and her various lessons, she turned Midoriya into one of the deadliest shooters alive, with accuracy so on point that he could put four bullets into four skulls in less time than it takes for a person to blink, and this was before he created his Quirk, he became so good at it that she was genuinely impressed at what she had created and told him that he could and would eventually surpass her.

But she didn't live long enough to be there to see it.

Because years after the death of All Might, the League of Villains finally saw Midoriya as an expendable part of the League. Midoriya knew that it would only be a matter of time before they'd come after him. He was becoming too dangerous, and they never had any interest in expanding society or cared for his scientific breakthroughs, they only wanted to burn down the world, to rule the pile of ashes that are left.

Midoriya trusted her enough to warn her about all of it and even told her about his secret project to combat them, the Quirk that would beat them all and make One for All and All for One look like sparklers compared to what he was creating. To his surprise, she agreed to buy him time to complete his project and to protect the only other person he cared about, his mother.

But she failed.

She fought valiantly, but she never stood a chance against Shigaraki's power. He killed her and Midoriya's mother to flush him out and finally finish him off. Unfortunately for him, she had bought just enough time for Midoriya to finalize the Quirk, and in his furious rage that was so strong that his nanites couldn't erase it, he completely DECIMATED Shigaraki. Making sure that he suffered a slow and painful death. But in his rage, he failed to realize that with Shigaraki's death, he had also brought about the end of the world.